Thread: Wow! New Nokia Windows Phone

Wow! New Nokia Windows Phone

Nokia released its new Lumia 800 Windows Phone mobile o/s based phone this week, and I must say I am impressed with the way it looks and with what I have read so far.

TheReg reviewed the phone and said "The Office functionality is better than anything cobbled together by QuickOffice. Photos and videos are handled as well or better than before. And the user interface is clean fast and functional. Windows Phone is not only one of the most original pieces of design Microsoft has done – perhaps the best – it has executed it really well."

Coincidentally, I was reading another article last week about how consumers are starting to getting pissed off at Google for not supporting its Android platform. With Android's rapid release cycle, its making today's Android phones obsolete in only a few months time. The phone companies are only able to offer support for 1 year, even though the phone contracts are generally 2 years long. I also know from personal experience that when I was playing with an Android tablet, it constantly crashed and had other "issues" that really pissed me off. I am betting MS will step in and guaranty long-term support for its Windows Phone o/s, as it does with all of its operating systems.

We also know from past news that Blackberry is failing miserably these days after its unsuccessful entry into the tablet market. IMHO, Blackberry stepped in to the mobile office market when there were no alternatives available, but with reviews saying that MS Office is a kick-ass mobile email and mobile office, this could just be a market for the taking.

I think we have to keep a close eye on this new Nokia / Windows Phone partnership. I can see this taking over from Android and Blackberry and becoming the iPhone rival. Your thoughts?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    that looks sexy, i know im an apple fanboy but i got my hands on a windows phone and i really liked it, very snappy i love the font nice and big i quite liked it, its more of a phone then a gaming device i think? havnt tried games on it but they look sharp thats for sure - i heard a rumour you need zune software to sync these things? if so that sucks
    Dade Williams

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    I totally love my Samsung Focus Windows phone..best phone I've ever had..including all the iphones. I just wish At&t would HURRY up and get the latest updates for Windows7 for phones cuz there are a lot of new nice features in the update.