Thread: Apple Releases MacBook Pro Firmware Update to Fix Unexpected Shutdown Issue[YAY]

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar

Apple Releases MacBook Pro Firmware Update to Fix Unexpected Shutdown Issue[YAY]

Apple has released MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.5. The update fixes an issue where the machine would shut off unexpectedly under heavy processor load, even when plugged in.
    This update resolves an issue where a MacBook Pro being used with a power adapter may unexpectedly shut down under heavy workload if the battery charge level is near empty.

Your computer's power cord must be connected and plugged into a working power source, or your battery must be at least 25% charged.

When your computer restarts a gray screen will appear with a status bar to indicate the progress of the update.

Your computer's fans will run at full speed during the update but will return to normal speed once the update completes.

Do not disturb or shut off the power on your computer during this update.
    MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.5 can be downloaded from Apple's support website.

The update applies to owners of MacBook Pro models 8,1, 8,2, and 8,3. These include both MacBook Pro (Early 2011) and MacBook Pro (Late 2011).
    Source: MacRumors
    Dade Williams

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    anyone update and have any issues? I've had some wonky stuff happen did a reboot to see if that helps , i.e.: screen went dim even though brightness cranked, wouldn't black screen went i went to bottom left corner"i have it setup that way" then it did then it wouldn't wake

anyone else?
    Dade Williams

I did the update, haven't seen any issues yet.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

did you do just this one and the emi or efi or something update too?
    Dade Williams

I updated all that was offered, I have no idea now what the other update was (oops)
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

were there two reboot updates? cause that would be the two, things seem fine after i did the reboot so thank god hehe
    Dade Williams