Thread: gay colors-flag on paysites

Scorpio

gay colors-flag on paysites

Personally, i don't like to see the gay flag on gay site unless it's very subtle and discreet.

Do you feel a difference in signups whether or not you have the gay colors-flag in your site?

While not really needed ON the site per se -- you may find a better click thru when the flag colors are used on your marketing banners, like in the text for instance or bkg ... it's an identifier that can't be totally ignored I don't think.

Rainbo1956
    Never really thought about it.

Makes some sense I suppose.

None of my sites (pay sites and mainstream) have the gay flags, rainbow colors whatever or anything on them.

Fact, my paysite has nothing on it to identify it as being gay (except exposed men and the words)

I wonder if it would make any difference
    Good question

Scorpio
    I just remember years ago.. pratically all gay sites had the big ass gay flag there. And now it's less and less. So that's why i was asking. Is there a difference between having the flag or not.

It hurt me to just do that

But i think it's not that biggie and can be alright.

Rainbo1956
    Originally posted by Scorpio
    I just remember years ago.. pratically all gay sites had the big ass gay flag there. And now it's less and less. So that's why i was asking. Is there a difference between having the flag or not.

It hurt me to just do that

But i think it's not that biggie and can be alright.
    Nice disign!
    I think it's very subtle and looks great.
    Did you design it? If so, kudos to you!

I haven't really noticed...course I have nothing to compare it too.
    If I'd had a flag on my site to begin with, then took it off and saw a differance, like sales going down...then I could say.

Would be kinda kewl to see if my sales/clicks changed as a result of putting one on a site.

Scorpio
    Thank you yes i designed it it's one of my personal projects that one day will see the light

Dawgy
    while i do not usually use the pride flag itself on designs that i do for paysites, tgps, linksites, etc... i do use the basic spectrum, which if u think about it, is what the pride flag is.

if anyone remembers basicmale.com, my ill-fated project with my long-since ex-partner, that site was very simple & used mostly the primary colors. it gave a sense of "gay" without screaming at you "PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE" ... ... and it converted like crazy.

most of my designs follow that concept, and its very easy to see something ive done & know it is me.

anyway... thats my .02 .... flags no, colors yes.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    IMHO using the rainbow flag and pink triangles on paysites is SOooo early 90's.

Regards,

Lee

I think your banner is great, but anything more is "so early 90s" (like Lee said)...which in my mind implies old, daggy and so not where I want to be!

cheers,
    Luke

Scorpio
    Yeah i'm going to drop the colors... it used to be black but i changed it, i don't know why.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Yeah now I get to post one of my articles LOL

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/articles/rainbow.shtml