Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So .xxx begins....

Banned Member

So .xxx begins....

Just spend 30 minutes on Godaddy.
    Haven't registered any .xxx domains, however....

Found at least 50 brands I know, all available who are all very small companies who as I would, struggle to defend any cyber squatting or trademark infringement case in court.

Very scary. Really, very scary.

Let's hope Manwin stop this madness.
    Banned User: Threats Issued.

What are they charging per domain?

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Bec..that's a great idea! *YOU* buy up all the XXX domains that are any good and that way no one can use them!

Thank you so very much! SMOOOCH!!!

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    something like $100.00 U.S.D per ( slightly more for "premium" names and/or extra features - Privacy/Insurance/etc. ) , my concern as always isn't so much the price but losing my "search" audience with certain search engines who may "block" .xxx

I'm still going to get a couple though ( interpreted: I don't have any therefore I have to have one! - LOL )

- jim

I checked into it this morning, GoDaddy's price is $99 per domain plus 0.18 ICANN fee. Also, to buy a .XXX domain, you must become a member of the "Sponsored Community" which is run by ICM (membership is free).

Here's their FAQ: http://help.godaddy.com/article/5788
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

How long have you been gay?
    Its a bunch Of BS!

For those of us who have been at this a number of years - now what? We have to go buy these duplicate names with XXX -- or spend money chasing copyright and trademark infringers? It's BS.; We are already on Page One for thousands of Keywords. To go and buy up all of these new XXX domains is ludicrous.

ICANN should have never allowed these niche domains xxx, .travel, .gay, . health, etc - it's all about money. Furthermore, they should $10-11 each - and the owner of the .com should have first right of refusal!

Can you tell I am pissed!

I don't even like idea .xxx... so fuckin idiotic

Magnus Bucks - HD Japanese, Shemale, Gay and Straight Sites

Someone on the CNN site made a great point, here:

If ICANN cared about children they would have made the .xxx domains cost LESS than the .com ones, right?

So OBVIOUSLY it is about squezing dollars from people like me who now need to buy yet another top domain for my software company to protect my brand.

I already have a .com, .net, .org, .info, .us, .biz, .co, .me, .biz, and .tv domain, and now I gotta buy a .xxx domain that costs TEN TIMES MORE than my .com domain!
    Flirt4Free || Account Executive
    ph: 916-672-TOFU (8638)
    twitter: tofu916

I think EVERYONE should refuse to buy into it - and let these money hungry F*rs buy them up and site on them all. If we all REFUSE to use them and move our sites - it will send a message.

DomainNameWire published this just a few moments ago:

"55,367 new .xxx domain names were registered in the first 24 hours. That brings total registrations (including sunrise and landrush) to 159,351 as of noon EST today."

Also, I read that cybersquatters are already snapping up known site names and emailing current site owners offering to sell them to them before approaching competitors.

IMHO, this whole situation sucks donkey balls!!!!!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    Bec..that's a great idea! *YOU* buy up all the XXX domains that are any good and that way no one can use them!

Thank you so very much! SMOOOCH!!!

Well, you are certainly in the right business~!! Enjoy your fantasy dear! LOL

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Well, you are certainly in the right business~!! Enjoy your fantasy dear! LOL
    Well..where would we be without our fantasies.
    I remember paying $200 to network solutions for my very first domain name back in 1996.
    I found out the very next day that I could buy it for like $20 from a different entity that was pointed out to me on the Lancelot/Validate forum board (anyone here use to be with those thieving crooks? Lancelot/Validate that is).

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children.
    IMHO, this whole situation sucks donkey balls!!!!!
    Well then, let's all RISE UP and take a F'n stand!!!

We won't be sending a single hit of traffic to ANY .xxx domains. If everyone in our industry refuses to do business with .xxx, or to let these blackmailers have their way, it's going to die a slow but sure death.
    18 exclusive gay sites - 20+ RSS Feeds - Hundreds of FLVs and Embedded Videos
    Top Converting Site StraightRentBoys.com converting 1/150
    www.zBUCKz.com - Let's make you money.

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Today I received a promotional email from mydomain and they are offering dot xxx for $84.99/year. Interestingly they are marketing it as "secure your brand". For me that doesn't sound very convincing. If dot xxx was such a great thing I'd promote it as like something "you simply must have".

With all the discussions in the past year I'm not surprised that the rats now come out of their holes and trying to shave off webmasters. The whole thing just invites scum.

A boycot sounds great and I for my part certainly won't deal with any xxx coms. But my experience has shown that there will be enough people jumping on the train (for various reasons) to turn the whole thing into a success.

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children.
    But my experience has shown that there will be enough people jumping on the train (for various reasons) to turn the whole thing into a success.
    Well, I must admit we in this industry have shot ourselves in the foot before, but I truly hope we don't this time. Nothing would equal our own self destruction faster then if .xxx does become a big success. Countries like India (AKA 1.1 Billion people) have already completely banned .xxx. This is just a new way for governments and censors to easily screw us over big time.
    18 exclusive gay sites - 20+ RSS Feeds - Hundreds of FLVs and Embedded Videos
    Top Converting Site StraightRentBoys.com converting 1/150
    www.zBUCKz.com - Let's make you money.