Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To how many TGPS do you submit?

Jasun

To how many TGPS do you submit?

OK, so I'm gonna start up again with my TGP submissions... I've been so busy doing other things here that submitting free sites and galleries has been left in the dirt, but since I'm kinda between projects here, I figued I'd fill the void.

maybe I better rephrase that last bit.

anyway, to how many TGPs do you guys generally submit each gallery? I've been doing about 25-30 per, but I've heard some amazing stories about the traffic that people get, and I'm thinking I'm either submitting to the wrong places, or I just don't know some of the good ones.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well when i do submissions i generally submit to the TGPs found here:

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/gay...affic_Sources/

Traffic varies from submission to submission to be quite honest.

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    Do you submit to all of them?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I would say i submit to around 70% of them only because ive narrowed the list down somewhat based on how much traffic they send out etc.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    I'm just getting back into it to and I'm aiming to do 20-40 per hit. I'm still sorting through which ones I'm going to submit to, so it'll probably take me a couple of days to get there.

I'm getting pissed off with all of these TGP owners who have all these bullshit requirements. Like "hit me up on ICQ for a partner account" or "submit five samples with my recips already in place and I'll see if I like you." Or you go through all of the bother of submitting a gallery just to have their script present an error that makes no sense. So you have to leave the gallery in place just in case it went through and you don't want to get yourself banned.

So Jasun, as I get through this, I'll share my list of "good" ones with you.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Jasun
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Or you go through all of the bother of submitting a gallery just to have their script present an error that makes no sense. So you have to leave the gallery in place just in case it went through and you don't want to get yourself banned.
    did you ever have that problem with Metromen?

I had a couple of people tell me they were having trouble with some galleries (I managed to find the problem usually, but not always), but I always worried that there were some people who didn't bother to try to work it out with me, and therefore just stopped submitting.

Metromen is slowly growing, but I'd like more submitters, and unlike more TGP owners, I'm not as crabby.... usually...

Dzinerbear
    Nope, I don't think I had any issues with MM. And you were nice enough to give me a partner account.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Jasun
    cool, thanks.

Well, I look forward to getting your submissions again.

Jasun, to be successful in TGPs you have to submit to as many as you can, as often as you can. Go buy an autosubmitter and get a database of at least 500 TGPs (1000+ is better) that accept gay sites. Don't focus on only-gay TGP sites. You would be surprised at the quality of gay traffic that comes from some of those straight TGP sites.

And hand-submitting is a big waste of time! Results are directly related to the quality of your gallery & pics, not to how they were submitted.

cheers,
    Luke

Jasun
    OK, but don't most TGPs have things in place to keep people from auto submitting? Metromen does.

retrograde
    Originally posted by Jasun
    OK, but don't most TGPs have things in place to keep people from auto submitting? Metromen does.
    If Metromen has anything to keep people from autosubmitting, it's not working. Chameleon has you in its list for autosubmissions, and it works.

Jasun
    that would explain all the straight galleries that get submitted, but how do they get past the "enter the word exactly how you see it" part?

I mean, I don't mind it if people autosubmit to the TGP, so long as they're sending traffic...

retrograde
    The more recent autosubmitters out there are able to read the text in the images. That's why you see many sites getting more and more crazy with how they generate the images: various fonts, sizes, lines everywhere.

Jasun
    I get it.

well... ok then.. lemme throw this over to other TGP owners...

do you care about/like/dislike people autosubmitting to your TGP?

does it bring more traffic?

retrograde
    I can't really answer as to whether or not I get more traffic. However, I guess I don't really mind people autosubmitting to my TGP, as long as they're decent galleries and are actually gay.

I only really get annoyed when people either submit sponsor hosted galleries or straight galleries.

One person that autosubmits to me submits like 100 at a time. They're all galleries without recips advertising Boys First Time. Now that sort of thing pisses me off.

I don't approve any of their galleries anymore, and it's easy to recognize them in my pending list. Unfortunately, I can't just ban the IP or domain because they come from lots of different IPs and are on different domains.