Thread: AT&T Voted Worst Courier 2 Years in a Row

AT&T Voted Worst Courier 2 Years in a Row

Cellphones, Wireless

Consumer Reports: Verizon has highest satisfaction rate among major US carriers, AT&T is lowest

By Brad Molen posted Dec 7th 2011 2:28AM

It's annual satisfaction survey time for Consumer Reports, and the magazine has a few results to share in anticipation of next month's issue. It appears that regional provider Consumer Cellular topped the charts -- the survey rated scores from 66,000 online subscribers -- though Verizon was ranked the highest out of the four major players for the second year in a row, followed closely by Sprint and T-Mobile.

According to the survey, the latter company was still "significantly better" than last-place AT&T. The full results will be published in the January 2012 issue. Your own personal experience with each provider may vary depending on your locale, of course, but 66,000 people have certainly made their voice heard.

------------

I have to admit, I'm looking to change off of AT&T when my contract is up. I like the rollover minutes, but there are places I've gone that just don't have service available plus cost for a data plan looks to be cheaper with other providers.

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    AT&T Voted Worst Courier 2 Years in a Row
    I wonder how FedEx and UPS fared?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I was initially with Verizon for 4 years. When my contract ended I went with ATT... I was with ATT, hated it. Totally false advertising. "Never a dropped call." Yea, well... mmm hmm.... Finally, I left and went to Sprint / Nextel. Was 11 days late on the bill. The 12th day, received collection company calls and a certified letter from a collection agency that took the debt. While the phone still worked I might add.

I settled with the collection agency.

I have been with Verizon now since June, I got the Iphone 4S. I am since happy.

Doesn't surprise me.

2QT2BSTR8
    9 years ago we had service with US Cellular, for about 6 months, getting over charged every month for some hidden charges that weren't supposed to be there (I have since been contacted about a class action lawsuit, but never sent the paperwork in). Then we switched to Sprint, and have been with them ever since. I was late once with a payment a few months back, and was contacted by their customer retention department, to make sure I was still happy with service. I said yes I was, and even more so after she knocked our monthly cost down for being a long time customer!
    There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats. ~Elton John

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    All right! My carrier is #1! Well, the best worst one at least!

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    I was with Verizon for over 5 years and loved them. No dropped calls, awesome coverage, and excellent customer service. Unfortunately I bought into the iphone craze and HAD to switch to AT&T. Their customer service is absolutely the worse, both on the phone and in their stores, plenty of dropped calls, and crappy coverage unless you in a major city. However, no other US cell carrier has the international coverage that AT&T provides. Last month in Vietnam and This month in Poland and Bulgaria with awesome phone coverage. Actually get a better signal here than at home! If I switch jobs that don't require international travel I'll be back with Verizon in a heartbeat.
    BTW - I like my iphone, but not AT&T