Thread: 40th Anniversary for Computer Games

40th Anniversary for Computer Games

40 years ago, the world's first commercially sold coin-operated video game and video game system of any kind called Computer Space was released by its creator Nolan Bushnell, the same guy that was a founder of Atari and Chuck E' Cheese.

Computer Space was never a success, but it did lead to the release of Nolan's hugely successful game Pong in 1972.

You can enjoy a blast from the past with a new emulator that has been released, available at http://www.computerspacefan.com/NewCompSpaceSim.htm
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Pong~!!! Oh lordy, that IS a blast from the past!

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    I miss the "tabletop" games , you could sit down and place your drink on it ( can of coke back then ... diet coke came latter , I got sophisticated! - LOL ) and play against a hot straight boy for hours.

I still play video games (xbox360) , wish they would come out with one where the angry photographer get's revenge on the "no show" model until then I'll just have to settle for tracking down "super model raiders" in the wasteland - fallout 3

congrats on your 40th video gaming industry! :kiss cheek:

- jim

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    40 years ago, the world's first commercially sold coin-operated video game and video game system of any kind called Computer Space was released by its creator Nolan Bushnell, the same guy that was a founder of Atari and Chuck E' Cheese.

Computer Space was never a success, but it did lead to the release of Nolan's hugely successful game Pong in 1972.

You can enjoy a blast from the past with a new emulator that has been released, available at http://www.computerspacefan.com/NewCompSpaceSim.htm

Too cool..I can remember Missile Defense on table top in the bars when it came out. First video game I played..or maybe wasn't missile defense..you had to shoot all the flying saucers and things before they got down to the bottom. Hell..most of the time I was too drunk to care if I was loosing cuz I was having too much fun!

I am new here
    thats a funny looking picture. i never knew about that game, wow its 40 years old!