Thread: Thoughts, Opinions and Suggestion

Thoughts, Opinions and Suggestion

Hi everyone,

I have just launched a new tube website www.velvetshaft.com. I would appreciated if all you seasoned and experienced webmaster amongst you, would take a look at my site and give me your thoughts, opinions and suggetions.

As a member of Gay Wide Webmasters who's members have some of the best sites on the net, I therefore dont want to let the side down, I want to be as equally successful as you.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Steve x

Hi Steve,

I checked your site, it looks like a good basic start. Today's tube designs, however, tend to feature a lot of big thumbs with rollovers so that your surfers get an instant glance at the newest (or top) 40 or 50 videos without having to click through.

I tried to click through on a couple of videos, but ended up getting a photo and then got a message saying "Your Limit is Over To Watch More Videos Please LOGIN". Two things wrong there, first off when clicking on a tube thumb I am expecting to see a video. Pics are great but should be clearly marked or sectioned so as to setup surfer expectations. Second thing is that forcing me to login is inviting me to leave! Do you really need to have people join & login? Is the purpose of this site collecting members, or upselling to your sponsors?

Finally, this may be a personal preference, but I hate going to a site that automatically starts a video on the index page. If I chose to click to a video page, the video should start automatically, but it really annoys me personally to have the sound all the sudden come on when initially checking over your site. This may also cause an issue for "workplace browsing".

I hope these tips help, and I am sure others will be along shortly to provide additional feedback to help you build a great site!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    Hi Steve,

I checked your site, it looks like a good basic start. Today's tube designs, however, tend to feature a lot of big thumbs with rollovers so that your surfers get an instant glance at the newest (or top) 40 or 50 videos without having to click through.

I tried to click through on a couple of videos, but ended up getting a photo and then got a message saying "Your Limit is Over To Watch More Videos Please LOGIN". Two things wrong there, first off when clicking on a tube thumb I am expecting to see a video. Pics are great but should be clearly marked or sectioned so as to setup surfer expectations. Second thing is that forcing me to login is inviting me to leave! Do you really need to have people join & login? Is the purpose of this site collecting members, or upselling to your sponsors?

Finally, this may be a personal preference, but I hate going to a site that automatically starts a video on the index page. If I chose to click to a video page, the video should start automatically, but it really annoys me personally to have the sound all the sudden come on when initially checking over your site. This may also cause an issue for "workplace browsing".

I hope these tips help, and I am sure others will be along shortly to provide additional feedback to help you build a great site!
    Hi Luke,

Many thanks for your quick reply and also your very informative and constructive tips, I will certainly take them on board. I can certainly impliment some of your suggestions straight away.

Take care

Steve