Thread: Invent a Star Trek "Tricorder" & Win $10M

Invent a Star Trek "Tricorder" & Win $10M

The X Prize foundation has announced that they will be giving away a $10 Million dollar prize for anyone that can invent a fully functioning "Tricorder", like in Star Trek.

The device has to be a wireless, portable unit that weighs in under 5 pounds and most importantly, use sensors to scan & analyse samples and record a patient's vitals. The foundation wants to revolutionize health care. "The competition is designed to address the inefficient, expensive, and inertia-bound healthcare system in the United States and elsewhere."

"The $10 million top prize will be awarded to the team that develops a mobile platform that most accurately diagnoses a set of 15 diseases across 30 consumers in three days. Teams must also deliver this information in a way that provides a compelling consumer experience while capturing real time, critical health metrics such as blood pressure, respiratory rate and temperature. The winning solutions will enable consumers in any location to quickly and effectively assess health conditions, determine if they need professional help and answer the question, “What do I do next?” when it comes to their health."

More info can be found on the xprize site at http://www.xprize.org/press-release/...care-launch-10
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    and then the medical industry will turn around and patent the device making several billion dollars ... kinda sounds like a $100.00 prize , best to probably invent the device and cut out the middle man and let's not forget "star trek corp." and possible copyright infringement suits because the device resembles their product in design and function.

just know your going to die and there's no amount of money or plastic surgery that's going to stop that ..." resistance is futile , allow yourself to become one with the Borg and we will add your uniqueness to our collective! "... :p - STAR TREK

- jim

Banned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    and then the medical industry will turn around and patent the device making several billion dollars ... kinda sounds like a $100.00 prize , best to probably invent the device and cut out the middle man and let's not forget "star trek corp." and possible copyright infringement suits because the device resembles their product in design and function.

just know your going to die and there's no amount of money or plastic surgery that's going to stop that ..." resistance is futile , allow yourself to become one with the Borg and we will add your uniqueness to our collective! "... :p - STAR TREK

- jim

Much love for this post :rotfl:
    Banned User: Threats Issued.

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    and then the medical industry will turn around and patent the device making several billion dollars ...
    Actually, its just the opposite. "The idea is to take advantage of the increasing power of mobile devices to make health care more accessible and easier to understand. With the equivalent of a board of physicians in your pocket, wireless sensors and imaging, you will be able to assess health and determine health care needs with a device in the palm of your hand. "

These guys are famous for their big prize budgets to drive down the prices of future technologies.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    Actually, its just the opposite. "The idea is to take advantage of the increasing power of mobile devices to make health care more accessible and easier to understand. With the equivalent of a board of physicians in your pocket, wireless sensors and imaging, you will be able to assess health and determine health care needs with a device in the palm of your hand. "

These guys are famous for their big prize budgets to drive down the prices of future technologies.
    oh I truly wish they would make healthcare affordable , it get's higher ever year. ( interpreted: the reason I work as hard as I do is because I can't afford to die! - LOL )

my wish ( besides "world peace" - LOL ) is that we can eventually overcome the diseases/ailments of our world and/or possibly live longer , it sadens me to read stories about 9 year old girls who die who haven't even had a chance to really live.

- jim

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxAdult View Post
    Much love for this post :rotfl:
    I'm not sure if you like my slam against "the man" or that I've hinted I'm a 47yr old nerd who still attends comic/scifi/game expo's - LOL

I would like to believe imagination has no age limit and when it does your dead. ( interpreted: it's our frail bodies which hold us back and reason I love the combination of man & machine and always bettering ... is that a word? - LOL , ourselves theory of "THE BORG" )

- jim

p.s - if anyone would be interested in producing a "gay" scifi ( star trek/farscape/etc. ) I would be interested in working with you.

When they offer human integrated technology I will be jumping all over it. I love the idea of bionics / borg-onics too :-)
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director