Thread: Did GayDemon Black out?

I'm not gay; I'm British! gumdrop's Avatar

Post Did GayDemon Black out?

:hmm:
    Can not get to Bjorn's sites this afternoon /evening.
    Anyone have that problem?

GWW Community Member
    Nope, his hosting company is down.

I'm not gay; I'm British! gumdrop's Avatar
    Oh yeah, bad weather in Vancouver. It's like minus 6 there and a nightmare for that city....snow etc.
    Pipes freezing...shit icing up fun fun fun...

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children.
    It's been down for me too. Hope they get him back up and running fast! I know how completely stressful it is when your server goes down. It's one of the reasons I have to say I love NatNet, we haven't been down once since we started hosting with them almost a year ago.
    18 exclusive gay sites - 20+ RSS Feeds - Hundreds of FLVs and Embedded Videos
    Top Converting Site StraightRentBoys.com converting 1/150
    www.zBUCKz.com - Let's make you money.

An entire data center going down is a terrible thing to live through ... I hope they get back up soon.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

How long have you been gay?
    Gossamer Threads Network Status
    Current Network Outage

At about 13:56 PST, we lost connectivity to our Vancouver data centre. Initial investigation is an explosion at 1022 West Hastings (about four blocks from our data centre), caused some metal rebar to go into an electrical box that destroyed a set of 580 fibre cables. Worse, the electrical box is live and covered in asbetsos. Hydro crews are onsight in hazmat suits working on the repair currently.

What is even more frustrating is we do maintain and pay for diverse fibre paths, one out the east side of the building and one out of the west, and the fibre plans show them being completely diverse (one out Bell Canada, the other out Level3 and Peer1). A full investigation will be done as to why this happened. At this point though, our focus is on restoring service as quickly as possible.

We are working with our fibre provider to reroute fibre around the problem and hope to have a solution in place. Crews are on site and activly working on the problem. As soon as we have an ETA we can trust, we will post it here and update customers.

We've been in business 17 years and hosting for 10, and this is the worst outage we've ever faced. To all our customers, I'm sorry. I know the impact this has on your business. We'll post updates here as soon as we can.

Alex Krohn - CEO/Founder
    21:06pm

Oh I thought maybe it was a SOPA protest ... lot of sites did a black out page today, like Google's End Piracy, Not Liberty stance and even Wordpress had one up and you had to scan down it before you could go on to the link you wanted to see.