Thread: Google+ Hits 90 Million Users

Google+ Hits 90 Million Users

Google announced this week that Google+ now has over 90 million users, which is an impressive number considering that its only about 6 months old now. This info came out of a speech on their fiscal results for 2011.

“Google had a really strong quarter ending a great year. Full year revenue was up 29%, and our quarterly revenue blew past the $10 billion mark for the first time,” said Larry Page, CEO of Google. “I am super excited about the growth of Android, Gmail, and Google+, which now has 90 million users globally – well over double what I announced just three months ago. By building a meaningful relationship with our users through Google+ we will create amazing experiences across our services. I’m very excited about what we can do in 2012 – there are tremendous opportunities to help users and grow our business.”

But digging into this number, you will see that a large majority of G+ users are part of the stats only because they signed up for a Google account and it was automatically added to their Google userid. That makes it hard to compare G+ to its social media competition.

The speech also included some other impressive facts & numbers:
    - Google+ has shipped an average of one new feature every day since June.
    - With DoubleClick Ad Exchange, spending is up over 130% “year on year.”
    - Google Enterprise signs up over 5,000 new customers every day.
    - Gmail has over 350 million active users.
    - 700,000 Android phones are “lit up” every day
    - There have been over 11 BILLION downloads from Android Market.

You can read the full fiscal year results at http://investor.google.com/earnings/..._earnings.html
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Pretty impressive. A lot of people thought Google+ was going to be dead in the water like their other social media ventures.

Although those numbers are a little misleading while Google now practically forces you to have a G+ profile. I'd bet active user count is way less.

There's still no doubt that Google is #1 in just about every other category there is. Quite impressive since I remember when they first launched and how simple their service was. All you could do was search.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    Yes I know lots of people who have an account but none of them are using it. Attempts to try and force me to use one account across YouTube, GMAIL and Google+ are deterring me from using them all if anything. I don't like it.

Last night I saw it described again in the way I couldn't originally think of in my post.

Google+ is now opt-out, not opt-in.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc