Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you struggle with down sizing?

Banned Member

Do you struggle with down sizing?

This afternoon I had computer trouble.

For 3 hours I had to work from my 17" display laptop while a member of staff fetched replacement parts.

My work system runs 4 x 24" dell ultra sharp monitors with a custom mount, allowing me a huge amount of work area, and the ability to multi task to a degree I never quite realised till today. Using only one 17" monitor I realised how my ability to multi-task and more importantly my productivity was reduced, drastically.

Has anyone here been in a similar situation, or ever considered how their productivity could increase by investing in more work space with multiple / larger monitors?

Would love to hear opinions!
    Banned User: Threats Issued.

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    if its mounted properly as I'm sure you had a 2x2 setup? then its pretty sweet, when i had two 21" wide screens i found that a bit much, however two 21" vertically might be pretty sweet i would loooove to get my hands on a 30" cinema display but hmm not comfortable paying that
    Dade Williams

Banned Member
    Huge monitors are great for gaming and such, but I find if you are trying to deal with multiple tasks, and keep yourself motivated, splitting things up are better.

Yes, I have a 2x2 setup. A big square if you will. Sure, 1 monitor is always my "current activity", but its easy to switch them around

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    3x1 vert monitor might be fun
    Dade Williams

Banned Member
    I think that might cause neck ache!

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    I've been copying some floppy discs from a 20 year old Amiga over a serial connection and it takes three minutes per disc (800k of data)

I did all the important ones 15 years ago but I had decide whether to do the rest or lose them.

When you see that some of the discs only have four images on them, it certainly makes you realise how things have changed.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    i have two 25 inch monitors really helps out but now i want a third

is that win 7 no visuals on or kde heh, what ever happened to that very long alien ware monitor always looked awesome
    Dade Williams

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    i use a 17" alienware m17x laptop with 1920x1200 resolution, its all kinds of awsome. when i try others computers with smaller resolution its really weird to use. feels like good old 800x600 days

here is the bad boy i speak of
    Dade Williams

aaah fuck i want that monitor, skyrim on that would be the shit

whats all this about sky rim i installed it but its all olden times ya?

heh maybe i should give it another shot i dunno
    Dade Williams

yeah its swords & bows and stuff, but its super awsome. done with it now thou, after 130 hours gameplay.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    love that montior

you can buy some very nice stands though there kind of expensive ;p
    Dade Williams