Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server Help

Since I was ten!

Server Help

Hi
    Wondered if you can help. My website is with a company called Servage but they have been having a lot of problems with DDOS. I was wondering if anyone could maybe recommend another server-is there any particular one that adult websites use?
    John

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    amerinoc
    dediserve
    Dade Williams

Since I was ten!
    Quote Originally Posted by StunnerDade View Post
    amerinoc
    dediserve
    many thanks! I'll have a look Just looking at Host gator they seem to be high on the recommended list

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    errrr really i wouldn't i think it was with them for a day ;p once upon a time ago
    Dade Williams

Since I was ten!
    really-that bad eh? -then why I they so rated?

not sure but i would seriously use amerinoc they really help with server stuff

or dediserve for awesome cloud but you need to manage your user

national net is another one thats highly recommended
    Dade Williams

Since I was ten!
    many thanks I'll have a look

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I've been with Servage since 2005, 7 years now. This DDOS thing last week was a pain, but I'm not sure if moving all my loose ends would be worth the effort.

My sites are with them, but my blogs that drive traffic to my sites are elsewhere. Since my sites are all SQL/PHP, I just don't care to get into setting up all of that again.

Their Control Panel is the simplest I've used compared to 3 other hosts, and phpmyadmin is well phpmyadmin, slow but sure.

It was great meeting you in Cardiff last Spring, and I sure enjoyed my stay in Liverpool in July, and meeting relatives in Anglesey. Can't wait to go back to Liverpool - hopefully this summer again.

Wales is awesome.

Since I was ten!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I've been with Servage since 2005, 7 years now. This DDOS thing last week was a pain, but I'm not sure if moving all my loose ends would be worth the effort.

My sites are with them, but my blogs that drive traffic to my sites are elsewhere. Since my sites are all SQL/PHP, I just don't care to get into setting up all of that again.

Their Control Panel is the simplest I've used compared to 3 other hosts, and phpmyadmin is well phpmyadmin, slow but sure.

It was great meeting you in Cardiff last Spring, and I sure enjoyed my stay in Liverpool in July, and meeting relatives in Anglesey. Can't wait to go back to Liverpool - hopefully this summer again.

Wales is awesome.
    hi Nick
    Nice to hear from you! Ive heard so many bad reports about Servage thats why I was tempted to move-theb again sometimes its better the devil you know! If your in Cardiff area let me know and we can have another coffee!

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    One thing I've questioned since Google unleashed their Panda weapon of mass destruction on websites: how has my page and position rank been affected by being with a host in Europe vs a host in the US?

In 2009, I put up a few eBooks and video clips on a site through GoDaddy, and people found me all over the map. Now a days, I feel much more invisible, no matter how hard I try (to use Google webmaster tools). BING is better for me.

When I search Google on keywords relevant to my niches, I tend to get results that are US first.

One thing that I still believe is valid: instead of CMS authors selling their scripts for web masters to go and look for hosts to configure and run on, and deal with all sorts of technical hosting compatibility issues with servers et.al....

CMS sellers should already have all of that hosting in place, and sell "hosted" licenses, where we web masters just start uploading our content, changing thematic colors, and typing in a few words.

And, therefore letting us buy into a network of sites, with built-in traffic rev shares.

Since I was ten!
    So forgive my ignorance on this but would it be better if I changed to an american based host to improve hits in the US or doesn't really matter that much where the host is based?

Maybe instead of "changing", just add a new site in the US, new name, re-arrange the order of pictures, alter the text a bit...

Maybe do it with a "free" blog host.

I'd like to think that Google search results are not biased as to geography of the host... but they could be in terms of where the web surfer is located when doing the search. A surfer in the US might get different results than a surfer in Europe.

I know from being in the UK for 6 months in 2011, then Prague for almost 3 months, my search results were a bit different from here in the US.

Since I was ten!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    Maybe instead of "changing", just add a new site in the US, new name, re-arrange the order of pictures, alter the text a bit...

Maybe do it with a "free" blog host.

I'd like to think that Google search results are not biased as to geography of the host... but they could be in terms of where the web surfer is located when doing the search. A surfer in the US might get different results than a surfer in Europe.

I know from being in the UK for 6 months in 2011, then Prague for almost 3 months, my search results were a bit different from here in the US.
    Many thanks nick I'll take what you've said on board

They say SEO can be improved by having links to and from different IP blockss... so having your Servage site, and also having a site in the US - even a free bloodspot.com or all 3 - would do just that.

In doing my work, I try not to throw away old ideas, until I have new ones in place and working - to see which play out better/best.