Thread: I need your help/feedback

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..

I need your help/feedback

Hey everyone as you may know I’ve been on the scene for about 8 years. I've often asked for advice either here or other forums.. And I have tried everything offered by many of you (those still here) from, changing site designs, advertising more, link trades etc., etc… Yet I’m still not getting the results of those endeavors. Over the past few years I've even made/hold top rankings in Google for my site (ratelongdicks.com) yet my traffic is not so great compared to many other sites. I'm not rich (unfortunately) so i don't have the big bucks to get the mass exposure, but I was and still am a believer in the concept if you build something nice, and neat you'll do well, perhaps I’m still a bit naive even after my years of attempted marketing. I know big sites hate sharing, which I still to this day find confusing as I have an always have run a free site which attempts to promote other paying (big) sites with the hope that I’ll get something. I can't even try and remember how many affiliates programs I have promoted with little or no success, (many I blamed because of their content) but as I’ve grown I realized it was not their content but only my traffic base which I’ve tried, tried, tried to improve.

Sorry for all the bla. bla. bla. But I really need some of you well experienced webmaster to give me some good advice how to get more real traffic (retention) what I could do to get better true quality link backs, and to advertise my site without breaking my half empty bank account. I believe I’ve done just about everything, and hmm have not received the results I was hoping to receive those billions of years ago as it seems.

I suppose as one member a few years ago told me 'running an adult site alone is impossible' was right, I tend to refuse to believe that but at this point I’m starting to think he was right.. But hey I'm still here and diligently trying my best. So again I'm asking all of you well experienced webmasters out there to ´give me some insight, weather its partnering with others, marketing ideas or anything. I’m open / willing to all ideas. However please don't send me the old long over rated buy traffic, links idea I've defiantly been down that road time, and time again for nothing!! You all know what I mean

Banned Member
    Ok.

I have taken a look at your site. Can you tell me, is your traffic gay or straight? I am guessing gay, yet on your index page I see a banner for a straight site, with a big "boob" on it. Instantly as a gay surfers, I would click away. On the flip side, at the bottom is a banner for a gay barebacking site, so straight surfers are going to be put right off also.

Maybe poll your members and find out what exactly they are looking for?

Also, I click your videos area as a guest and I get told I need to login. In the age of tube sites being all over the place, as a surfer why would I take the time to signup to something that might now have any good videos, when there are 10,000 other sites that can give me un-registered access to more videos than I could dream about! Hell, even lots of paysites give free preview clips.

I think a first step, which is something I can't tell from looking at your site is identifying your objective. If it's a social networking site for fans of, or people with big dicks, then I do feel you are slightly off the ball.

My ICQ is in my footer. I'd be happy to talk to you further!

Either way, nice concept for a site
    Banned User: Threats Issued.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Hey thanks Maxx and yes the site is Gay. I recently added the straight banners as a one week test suggestion from an affiliate. just to get an idea how many clicks if anything they’d received, as of today they’ve actually been removed as the CTR was horrible so I can surely say the site is 98% catered for gay males additionally I took your suggestion with the video section (defiantly makes good sense) when you look at from that perspective. I will contact via ICQ I would love to have any ideas, you can provide