Thread: Google's Android Augmented Reality Glasses

Google's Android Augmented Reality Glasses

The New York Times broke news that Google will be selling new Android based, augmented reality, heads-up display sunglasses by the end of this year.

"The glasses will have a low-resolution built-in camera that will be able to monitor the world in real time and overlay information about locations, surrounding buildings and friends who might be nearby." The article says the glasses will display the information in an augmented reality view, rather than as a Web browser page, and will likely be priced in the $250 to $600 price range.

Sony is also working on augmented reality and have put out this awesome video clip on their "Life-Altering SmartAR Technology". The clip shows what can be accomplished with AR, and although it is in Japanese, you can get a great idea of where they are going and what can be done. It starts out showing how AR can provide info, then goes to show how it can be used in games and then the grand finale - how it can be used to turn an entire room into a virtual paradise!

More info on the google glasses can be found at http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...-by-years-end/
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    aint nothing like strapping a cell phone to your head

how about walking by a store and all of a sudden their commercial pops up in your glasses of course its google it knows who i am so it address me by name so I'm like fuck yes i need this something or other cause i don't have it so i whip out my iPhone/ with google wallet and buy it then i let everyone know what i bought on google + and then i check in where i am, people on my latitude know exactly where i am walking around, a jelous friend robs me of my new purchase then i post on google+ about it

yes i want one though
    Dade Williams