Thread: Windows 8 (Metro) Consumer Preview Now Online

Windows 8 (Metro) Consumer Preview Now Online

Microsoft announced today that their new Windows 8 (aka Metro) operating system preview is now available for download.

Windows 8 will run on Intel x86 systems plus will also run on new mobile devices that are built on the System on a Chip (SoC) architecture. The Consumer Preview includes not only the new metro interface, but also a series of apps, for Mail, Calendar, People, SkyDrive, photos, and PDF. Also included is the Windows Store, where all apps will be free during the preview period.

Feeling brave? Download the consumer preview now at:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...nsumer-preview
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I have a rule about not getting a new OS release for at LEAST 6 months, preferably a year. Let's 'em have time to iron out the screw ups.

yeah i totally agree, esp with windows which seems to need that time to mature...and although this release is called a Consumer Preview, its really just a beta!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    that metro part replaces the start however its designed for a tablet there is still issues while using a mouse wtf?
    Dade Williams

apparently issues using a mouse have all been worked out in this version
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    it hasn't, if you have to scroll bars on one screen when you scroll down to go right for instance both scroll bars scroll i.e. weather app, now the developer preview didn't play nice with my magic mouse, but the consumer preview does, which is nice but a simple short slide moves it far oh and btw... if your testing try searching the store i had move to the bottom right to get a tool bar then search then choose what to search then search :o

that being said..

I've seen win8 on a tablet(video) and it looks awesome i think they got something here, though why even have the windows part there? i mean its a nice thing to have but battery life?
    Dade Williams

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    sux, but Im still torturing myself and running it as main os for at least a month

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    they got me with windows 7, not going to go to winodws 8 ooo
    still want to know how to turn off the dots in paswords and get real text there

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    i hate it. im gonna stick to windows 7 for the rest of my life :aniflow:

initial reports say that over 1 million copies were downloaded in the first day alone! Maybe MS has a chance of coming back with this one???
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    they got me with windows 7, not going to go to winodws 8 ooo
    still want to know how to turn off the dots in paswords and get real text there
    can't without some third party app, they're masked for a reason.
    In Windows 8 there's an icon now in the password fields, if you click and hold it would show you the password

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    initial reports say that over 1 million copies were downloaded in the first day alone! Maybe MS has a chance of coming back with this one???
    they never really went anywhere, Windows 7 sells like bonkers, think they're up to 500 million copies so far I think, or close to