Thread: Father of Six is Female

Father of Six is Female

Huffington Post: What a weird way to learn about one's biological identity.

The Denver Post reports on Stevie Crecelius, formerly Steve Crecelius, who went into a Denver hospital five years ago for a kidney stone. When the ultrasound results came back, a lab technician told the husband and father of six, "You're female."

From the Post:

The medical discovery that he is intersex ? born with a mix of anatomical sex traits, so biological gender cannot be classified as either male or female ? led to a flood of revelations ...

?When I was 17, I was working my first part-time job at a TV station as a floor cameraman and the person in charge said to me, You know, you walk like a queer," Crecelius told Fox 31 in Denver. "I thought I was hiding who I was, and I wasn't.

The transition took time. It was more than a year after Crecelius' trip to the hospital that she began wearing women's clothing in public.

Debbie Crecelius, Stevie's wife, said it took some time to get used to the change.

"I didn't sign on for this, but who signs on for anything?? she told Fox 31. ?She?s the same person she was as a he on the inside.?

The couple's children also welcomed Crecelius' transgender revelation, according to Fox 31.

"People need to be accepting and understand," Stevie Crecelius told ABC News. "I was born this way, and loving each other and supporting each other will always be the main factor in our household.?

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Okay, let me get this right. As a father of six he/she apparently had a fully functioning male anatomy. So why leads the discovery of "additional" female anatomy inside his/her body (obviously with no connection to the outside or he/she would have certainly known) to the statement. "You're female." ?

I'm happy for him/her that he/she's now able to live the way he/she wants to live, be it female or male, and that his/her family is so supportive. But what disturbs me is all this classification stuff and pigeonholing. Like he/she said, no one has a choice about how we are born and as soon as someone doesn't fit into norms and classifications, all the world (well most of it) starts panicking and wants to change and streamline those who don't fit into their narrow minded sytems.

It's variety what makes the world exicting and drives on evolution.

Good luck to him/her.

I was wondering the same thing. It didn't explain why the lab tech just up and said "you're female" ... and then this guy goes "Oh, ok" ... and makes a life change. There is a titch of a hint that he had female tendencies during adolescence.

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Oh thank gawd! When I saw the header for this post: "Father of Six is Female", I thought we had gone straight into the world of the Midnight Sun and National Enquirer..."Woman impregnates wife and gives birth to sextuplets!"