Thread: A dumb PPS question

Camper than a row of tents

A dumb PPS question

I have a question about pay per signups (PPS) that never really occured to me until now.

Let's say a surfer clicks on the PPS link in your blog and ends up joining the site, then you get the $30, $35 or whatever PPS commission. The surfer cancels their membership after a month or two... but then, let's say six months later the same surfer visits your blog and ends up joining the same site again after clicking on your PPS link.

So what I'm basically asking is: do you keep getting PPS credits from the same customer if they join and rejoin, or are PPS sales a one-time per customer thing? And how much time (if any) must elapse between the same customer getting you a PPS sale?

I suppose it may be hard to answer this because each sponsor may have different policies, but generally speaking, what do you think the norm is in this matter? I would assume most sponsors might put a restriction on PPS sales because I think its normal for some people to only join a site for a month or two once or twice a year. A sponsor would probably lose money on PPS sales from these people.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    As long as the customer re-joins from you blog you will get the sale again. This is pretty standard.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Yup, if you personally bring them back you should get paid again.

That shouldn't happen too often though and if it is a regular thing for an affiliate it will probably raise some attention and their traffic and joins will be submitted to more scrutiny.

Of course if they re-join from an ex-member mailer or another action of the sponsor then no credit.

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. lisa's Avatar
    Same with PuppyCash. If a customer uses your PPS link and they cancel and then come back through you and your links to join at a latter time, whenever that might be, you get credit again!

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    Does it depends on the lifespan of a cookie?