Thread: Do you ever get tired?

Dzinerbear

Do you ever get tired?

Do you ever get tired of creating free galleries, creating AEN sites, submitting to TGPs, writing "hot" copy about big cocks, submitting to link lists, scanning the logs for scammers?

Do you ever just want to hurl if you see another skinny Bulgarian guy sitting on the same shabby sofa looking like he just wants to get his money and get out?

What do you do to keep it fresh and interesting?

Dzinerbear

Tala
    When I start getting the "burnout" feeling, I usually just get up and walk away. I have to if I want to be sane enough to come back later.

And since I'm the one who's usually writing all the "hot" copy, I can tell you it gets really old, really fast. Writer's block is a bitch. :bow:

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Dziner,

I was just talking about this last night. It happens a lot. I started researching this business in late ‘95… I’ve been doing this since ’96. You have a variety, compared to then… when it was the same 10 CDs of gay content being used LOL (Damn there I go with one of my “Back in the olden days…” comments) LOL

There are times when I just have to walk away from the office. It’s not the only solution, but it’s one of them for me. I, also, have several projects going at one time (and I’ve always had a lot going on since I started so I think I do that to avoid the burn). If I can’t take working with content sites for the moment, I can work on the next design of one of our resources, I can re-align a databases or work on our non-adult ventures (now).

But even then I get Internet burn out, so picking up a book can be the solution. Just go into another room read for a while and then I’m better. Hell cleaning the kitchen can do it for me. I guess what I’m saying is taking a few moments away from the ‘puter and the net can do wonders for me.

I know the same skinny Czech guy will be there when I get back, but when I do get back it isn’t as horrible as it was before I left LOL

GA

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hell yes and it usually happens at least once a day

The secret is making sure that you vary what you do each day so you never do the same thing twice in a row as well as taking regular breaks away from the pc

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    Maybe apply a little innovation and inspiration, and do something slightly different....

Steve

A new page a day keeps the real job away!

Xstr8guy
    I get tired, too. But usually it's not from working on sites. When I get home from my day job, I can't wait to turn the computer on and start working... but usually I can only manage a couple hours of productivity before I poop out.

yup, all the time, but if you keep your head in the space that this is a professional business then it usually helps. What I have started doing is making a schedule of things to do and trying to stick to it, as in
    8-9 first thing check email, stats and boards
    9-12 do boring repetitive tasks like avs/tgp/linklists
    12-1 take lunch (make sure you get away from the PC)
    1-5 do fun and exticing new tasks like research, set up a new site, etc
    5-5.30 check email, stats and boards
    5:30 - call it a day

this has really started to work well for me, it forces me to get the routine and boring stuff out of the way in the morning so that I can have more fun in the afternoons, plus it has stopped me from wasting all my time checking stats and webboards.

give it a try, it may help.

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I get very tired, been at it today all day long and it is 2am now. :tired:

I love what I do though and that's what important. I do so many different things I never get bored so thats what keeps it interesting.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!