Thread: new macbooks released, but no more 17" macbook pro

new macbooks released, but no more 17" macbook pro

Apple announced their new line of macbook pros yesterday, some nice features like retina display, hdmi port, super thin profile, etc....but sadly, it looks as though they dropped the 17" line all together. That entirely sucks, I would have upgraded to the new one this year but there is no way I am moving from my 17" down to a 15" laptop.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    I have a 15" and wanted a 17", but it looks like I'll have to stick with 15". The upside is that it's an incredible laptop, even though it's not really the size I wanted. Hopefully I'll get it soon. Gotta keep bugging my bf - he can get the educational discount and save some $$

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I'm still thinking that my iPad(3) does what I need and want in the portable sense.

I got a stylus yesterday, and am working on the handwriting to text scenario for writing long-form dialogue story scripts. I get a backache from too much typing, sitting up at a desk. Handwriting with my iPad is a couch function.

That and $2350 USD (US prices are quoted without local Sales Tax, unlike UK and Europe) is a lot to park in a hand-held portable device, that can be easily stolen or damaged in transit.

Stunner Media, Jedi StunnerRichard's Avatar
    also finally ditching the DVD drive
    70 SITES. 8 PROGRAMS. ONE ETHICAL COMAPANY. Stunner Media.

IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | EmoProfits | BritishBucks | HunkMoney | LatinoBucks

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    Luke... This Q&A from Macworld sorta answered my question about missing the 17" option...

From @jasontho: With the extra resolution does it feel like there more room on the screen than the old 15-inch? Am I going to miss my 17 inch?

With a Retina MacBook Pro at the More Space setting (1920-by-1200) sitting next to a 15-inch 2011 MacBook Pro at 1440-by-900, the extra room on the Retina MacBook Pro is quite noticable. Perhaps the only thing you?ll miss about your 17-inch laptop is the workout you get from carrying it around.
    That was answered by someone who currently has a 17" MBP.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Is that served with a magnifying glass?

hehe...thats a funny answer rawTOP, but I only use a laptop for all my day to day work and I know from experience that working online every day on a 15" screen just plain sucks.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

There is a verified email from Cook to a pro user who complained. Unlike Jobs, he didn't write a snarky response but rather a nice one that said they are working on something for release late next year that will make pro 17" users happy.

Also, the percentage of notebook sales of 17" pro was tiny.

oh that's good news! thanks
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Here is the gizmodo post I saw on it last night: http://gizmodo.com/5917901/tim-cook-...ming-next-year

Tim Cook wrote to a customer:

Franz,

Thanks for your email. Our Pro customers like you are really important to us. Although we didn't have a chance to talk about a new Mac Pro at today's event, don't worry as we're working on something really great for later next year. We also updated the current model today.

We've been continuing to update Final Cut Pro X with revolutionary pro features like industry leading multi-cam support and we just updated Aperture with incredible new image adjustment features.

We also announced a MacBook Pro with a Retina Display that is a great solution for many pros.

Tim
    On second look, there is no mention about the 17" but that is what everybody is upset about, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do something to replace it at some point.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc