Thread: wow, a thread about actual business...

Dawgy

wow, a thread about actual business...

do you believe that the quality of a join can vary?

we all know traffic quality varies, so does the quality of the join that the traffic generates vary as well?

case in point: i get joins to sites that stay anywhere from 4 to 8 months... an affiliate sends joins that never last more than 3 or 4 months... if both of us had traffic that was good enough to convert, why don't the affiliate's joins last longer?

its an odd phenomenon i think, but i truly believe that join quality can vary with traffic type...

discuss...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    A good question and yes i think it can very greatly depending on so many factors including where the surfer is located.

Would be interesting to see what some others thing about this topic befoe i start posting all kinds of funky stats ive been watching over the last few months on the Stud Money sites

Regards,

Lee

Jason
    of course join quality varies...but that depends on many variables.

the demographics of the traffic
    time of year
    type of site/content

obviously, the more qualified the traffic, the more likely you are to have high quality joins. but some niches are merely a curiosity for most people so the majority of joins aren't going to stay too long. it's a smaller percentage of the population that actually gets into...oh...sounding lets say. so all the people who think "wtf is that?" will join...find out and then leave while the small percentage will stick around for a while.

also, i found in the past that as seasons changed...so did our primary customer base. it would fluctuate based on geographics (ie: during our summer slowdown...we tend to get more customers from australia etc...)

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Maybe it is because they visit the affiliate’s site often. Since they joined your site because of something they saw there. Chances are to me; they would come back, see another thing they see that is hot and join it.

Which will knock your membership out.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

yes they do vary vastly depending on where you get your traffic from. For instance, AVS traffic converts way better than TGP traffic, but those joining via a TGP have **NOT** already joined an AVS system with their cc, which seems to make it more likely they will stick around for longer.

I think I have to go analyse some of my stats now

cheers,
    Luke

desslock
    dawgy:

Well a few things. As someone who sends affiliate traffic I can say that a lot of affiliates may not be marketing your site very well. Others can probably sell it better, and you'll get better results.

Also, some websites use really rudimentary affiliate programs, so consequently they aren't going to get very good results. For example, PistolMedia tells me what url's I am referring clicks and signups to you from. So I see what is working, see which pages are inspiring sales, and then I can expand on that.

This is opposite to - say - iBill, which is near useless on developing sales.

Steve

retrograde
    Originally posted by desslock

Also, some websites use really rudimentary affiliate programs, so consequently they aren't going to get very good results. For example, PistolMedia tells me what url's I am referring clicks and signups to you from. So I see what is working, see which pages are inspiring sales, and then I can expand on that.

This is opposite to - say - iBill, which is near useless on developing sales.

Steve
    Thanks so true. It's so much easier when you're actually able to see where more of your clicks are coming from and how well they're converting.

desslock
    Hint to Sysops:

See an affiliate program / webmaster marketing sub board on GayWideWebmasters would potentialy be a two way street - not only can webmasters learn about the programs, but the website operators can learn how to setup programs that will work the best for us.

Steve

:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: