Thread: Whats The Biggest Mistake You Have Made Online To Date?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Whats The Biggest Mistake You Have Made Online To Date?

For me it was when i first started out and i used a 'keyword' program to make all my meta tags.. big no no

Ended up getting this site reviewed after it was finished in a public chat room with all sorts of KP keywords and shit in.. got so much hassle for that it was unreal but i soon learned my lesson (in fact it took all of 2 minutes to change them ).

So how about you whats the biggest faux par you have made in the adult industry?

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    Signing up to gww Just playin' with you Lee.

Probably not devoting enought time and effort to my sites. My social life seems to keep getting in the way at the moment.

Cheers,

Allan

Dzinerbear
    The biggest mistake I made was back in November when I was redesigning my site.

There was a lot a hub-bub on the SEO boards that Google was starting to penalize sites for being over optimized. I always try to run a clean-ship where SE's are concerned. I try to pack my sites with good content and don't try the trick du jour to get rankings.

But the boards were saying that if your directory name, page title, h tags, alt tags, p tags all contained the same keywords, and particularly in cases where you were using linked text, then they would spank you for being over optimized.

So as I redesigned my site, I decided to err on the side of caution. Instead of leaving a gallery as /hairy-butt/index.html I changed them to paul/index.html (using the model's name) effectively losing any keyword advantage in the directory name.

I also went really light on linked text inside my site. I didn't want to incur the wrath of the SE's.

In May, I attended the Search Engine Strategies conference in Toronto and I asked my question.

Turns out the way I would have done it would have been just fine. It would have got me much better rankings, too.

So, since May, and while working a full-time job, I've had to completely gut two sites with over 100 galleries, re-work the file naming structure, introduce more linked text, completely change the way surfers navigate through the site, and create these huge htaccess files to manage all of the file-name changes, and pretty much overhaul everything I ever did.

I finally finished Pride Weekend.

Now, I'm ready to start making money again.

Dzinerbear

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    What only ONE? I have made THOUSANDS !!

He he.

3 categories for me.

Biggest
    Expecting everyone else to operate on the same ethical and business level as myself (I have to constantly remind myself!!), but thank god things are getting so much better!

Most Expensive
    Waaaayyyy back in the baaaaaad old days... bulletproof isn't.

Most Stupid
    Apart from posting? :-) He he. Putting too many eggs in the one basket with a large program when I first started and getting my account canned and traffic stolen (NOT related to my most expensive error in ANY shape fashion or form). God I hope the guy who owns it is in Florida....

:bandana:

Scorpio
    pphheewwww.. tough question.
    Well my first one was to work for a xxx company 3 yeas ago. I won't say the name. They fucked me over with the tax thingy that i'm still paying every month for it. Fucking company that does turnkey websites, promising $100,000's knowing people won't get shit. That sucks.

Then, for trusting another designer and sent him money i shouldn't have sent to him and then got fucked over with chargebacks and stuff... long story that i'm sure you guys ready already At least, it teached me a lesson.

I say those 2 are the worse that happened to me.

Jasun
    One, when I first started doing AVS sites, I put my own name in the space where the site name was supposed to go, so my name was listed in the listings.

MacDaddy
    Mine was introducing my wife to JohnV at ARS who promptly went after her like a hound dog... They are now living happily ever after.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by MacDaddy
    Mine was introducing my wife to JohnV at ARS who promptly went after her like a hound dog... They are now living happily ever after.
    I remember you telling me abotu that in Phoenix

Regards,

Lee

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by MacDaddy
    Jeesus Mac.

That sucks the big one mate.

Hope you have since found a piece of the "happily ever after" for yourself my friend.

:bandana:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I think my biggest mistake in all my online stuff was not learning and using TGPs stuff more then I did until now.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Dawgy
    biggest mistake is not learning anything. i tend to just do things & try things & never actually learn what is working or why something is or isnt working... get frustrated very easy.