Originally posted by DigitalJay
I'm more slamming sponsors that have a "portfolio" of half-assed sites. I'd sign up for a sponsor with ONE site like this over any of those. And the time, effort, money they put into making those ten+ sites COULD produce one excellent site like this one.

When I slam that kind of tour, I'm saying it dosn't give the surfer any decent idea of what the members area looks like, how easy it is to navigate, how/when/why it updates, etc. The members area of suicidegirls is more or less the same as the front page, only with the payed for content. What you see is what you get.

The fake names are fine, i'm more dissing on the "reality" sites where they take guys who are nasty and drugged out looking, throw them someplace outside, and put "straight guys talked into gay sex" and stuff like this, when you've seen them screwing guys on 20 sites already.

I'm not trying to hate on people who obviously put a LOT of hard work and time into what they create, it just seems to me that a lot of sites are made with the webmasters seeing dollar signs instead of the site they are creating. Maybe surfers don't care? Half the sponsors i've checked out seem like they just rushed to create as many sites in as many niches as possible without really thinking it out and creating a quality site with repeat value. With the prices they charge, I feel like that is a rip-off.

Love it or hate it, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

And don't kid yourself Bec, you have more than enough talent, creativity, and ability to pull off a site like that! It's easier than it looks with any free portal script! I know from experience that a site like it can flourish with the loving care of a one person team. I admit some of the site's features are out of most's abilities, like the high profile interviews, but overall something similar is very, very possible!

where'd you get the idea that SuicideGirls.com is a ONE-person
operation ??

it's not...

~Bell