I'm currently in the UK, and wondering if any UK GWW friends have a Mac Air or MacBook collecting dust?

I'm finding too many hotels with no Internet in the rooms. Internet in the Lobby, but not in the room.

I travel with my MacMini and iPad. The MacMini is a desktop, and can't be set up in the lobby to do webmaster work.

The iPad doesn't have a USB port for a flash drive.

So I'm really thinking I need a Mac Air or MacBook, just so I can do work on the MacMini, save to USB, go down to lobby with USB and Mac Air or MacBook, and upload files (FTP)!

Sounds clumsy, but much of what I do just can't be done in the Lobby in front of other guests.

I'm down in Bristol now, heading back to the midlands (Nottingham, Birmingham). I love trains, so I can meet up.

Any ideas welcomed. The pawn shops here in Bristol haven''t had any Macs in the past month. My small hotel here has working Internet in my room, so I've been catching up and getting ahead, like a mad man.

I saw one MacBook at a pawn shop in Birmingham in Sept, but wasn't prepared to do my homework on the model. I just can't justify going to the Apple Store or Curry's and getting a new one for ?900-?1300. That's a month's rent, and I can do iPhone Personal Hotspot tethering in the interim.

The pawn Shops always have various Windows laptops, but that's last resort! I don't want to mix and match OS. And I don't want to deal with the learning curve of one PC brand over another.

I had a Lenovo netbook in 2008, and an iBook or MacBook in 2007... sold both to save on baggage while traveling.

Now I wish I had the Mac!