Thread: Adult friendly CDN

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..

Adult friendly CDN

Hello, can you recommend me any adult friendly Content delivery network? I managed to find only CDN77.com and Reflected Network. Also MaxCDN is sometimes mentioned on non-adult forums, but I am not sure if they tolerate this type of content. I need good coverage in Russia and eastern Europe since my audience is primarily from these regions.

I'm not sure I understand what you are wanting. Do you want a list of content providers where you buy- and/or - order licensed (legal) adult pictures and videos to show on your website?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    By using CDN you can improve you web site loading time. It duplicates your content on their dense net of servers around the world and then serves it to visitor from closest server, not your local server on the other half of planet. Problem is that they don't usually allow adult content. Is there anyone experienced with content delivery networks?

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar
    A CDN can help depending on how many PoPs ( points of presence ) you setup and the location based on where most of your traffic comes from. With a good CDN comes a cost. As mentioned, a CDN will is best if the content is replicated on multiple servers in different locations. Not only the top 1% of your files but all your files. Then that data is synced based on when files change.

For the most part membership sites can get by with only seeding the top 1% of files or the latest releases.
    There is still a cost to that.

Before going to the CDN route see if you can get your server faster .. more memory, tweaked mysql or php settings, faster CPUs. Sometimes a faster server will do the trick. Then if you still need a faster solution a CDN may work. Just keep in mind, if you have to spend an additional $1000 a month ( or more ) to make customers that represent $100 a month in memberships happier it may not be worth the investment.

I do now of a few CDN networks that are adult friendly. Drop me a note so I can ask you a few more detailed questions on traffic.

Steven
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    Have you considered something like CloudFlare?

I use their free service for some of my sites.

http://www.cloudflare.com
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by steven619 View Post
    For the most part membership sites can get by with only seeding the top 1% of files or the latest releases. There is still a cost to that.
    How can I find out what percentage is best for me?

You may want to investigate CDN services from CCBill's sister company Cavecreek. I don't know the costs but they do offer a whole suite of internet services for adult sites. If you have your site hosted by Cavecreek you will also get a 1% reduction in your processing fees from CCBill.

I have used Cavecreek since the beginning and haven't had a downtime issue ever and their tech support is quick to respond.