Thread: Just got 28 full-length files removed from a Usenet Re-Seller

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

Just got 28 full-length files removed from a Usenet Re-Seller

I've been on an anti-pirarcy effort regarding my own titles the past 4 months or so.

Tonight, a fan tipped me off (thru a link on my site asking fans to report piracy) that a Usenet (News Groups) reseller was offering some of my full-length DVD video titles from their membership download site.

Just got links to 28 titles removed. Some were only a day or two old! Livefile.org is responsive! They bill thru CCBill, and CCBill watches their response time to my DMCA's.

I should have been on this more regularly.

Thanks for the tip-I'll have to check them out.
    Producer of The Great Canadian Male. www.TheGreatCanadianMale.com

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Google yourself (studio name, model names) on www . gay-bb . org .

Such as one of mine...

Scroll down to "Download:".

Click on the link, which will open a new page to the site that actually hosts the file download, and bills for the service. They typically are a different Domain name, although often run by the same.

The DMCA reporting link has been removed from live file, but the e-mail still works: Support <tech@livefile.org> .

Again, they bill with various billers including (at least recently) CCBill and Commercegate, both of which monitor their response to DMCA takedowns.

This group is not as onerous as the big name Pirates in the news, because this one resells files people can find on Usenet News Groups. Access to Usenet is not free. I pay $9/month to subscribe to a Usenet service, whereas paying a Usenet file reseller to download some files is actually less money. But it is only handpicked files, not the voluminous Usenet.

Nonetheless, I don't like having my files available for free downloads! Although, presumably someone paid one of the 10 VOD partners I work with for the file in the first place - as a subscriber or per minute! And then they had to assemble the photo collage.

I'm not sure what they get out of doing all of that work!

I get the free publicity of the photo collage, complete with box cover with my Domain name... and then a link to File Not Found!!!

I noticed the host for my videos on that site was Oron. I'm pretty sure I heard they were in trouble and offline at the moment. I did find one more at filesorg and have sent them a DMCA notice for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mhorst View Post
    I noticed the host for my videos on that site was Oron. I'm pretty sure I heard they were in trouble and offline at the moment. I did find one more at filesorg and have sent them a DMCA notice for that one.
    They had the file down in about 10 minutes flat!

There ya go! It is workable!!

My Pirated vids, with links to Oron, are 404s as well.

I continue to look for my eBooks and DVD videos on the web, on Pirate sites.

So far, most are on UseNet - the 20 yr old original Bulletin Board of the Internet.

gay - bb . org has links to some of that. It is an index, like Google. Which in turn links to sites that actually have the files for download, if you have a paid membership, which is processed and sold by another entity.

I have found my titles on gay - bb . org, which were links to FilesMonster. Took one notice for FilesMonster to take them down. remember, these all are separate entities, so while I found the listing on gay - bb . org, the DMCA goes to FilesMonster.

I have found them on download provider , which takes down immediately.

I Google myself frequently! Nick Baer, Dude Lodge, Coach Karl, and some other keywords.

You can also add the name of the site you re worried about, such as gay - bb . org Nick Baer...

Try it yourself! Most accept very simple take down requests. You can call them DMCAs, but you don't have to say or do much more than give them the link and your name.

Keep up the Anti-piracy campaign!

Looks like you have kept your fine titles off of gay - bb . org !

Great work!

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    Good news and thanks for sharing.
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    Looks like you have kept your fine titles off of gay - bb . org !

Great work!
    Thanks but as you know its not easy.

Just gotta get a high score

http://www.gamebrew.com/game/whack-mole/play