Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which server??

Since I was ten!

Which server??

I am currently with Servage but Im a bit concerned there has been bad press in regards to being blocked by google on several occasions becuase of malware.! I just dont seem to be in the google rankings except for the name of the website which is cp4men.net Im a relatively small site focusing on MM spanking and was wondering if any one has any advice in this area?
    Many thanks John

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    if you switch hosts you should check out amerinoc
    Dade Williams

Since I was ten!
    many thanks Dade-are you with them?

I can thoroughly recommend TMD Hosting.com 24/7 365 days a year technical support. unlimited bandwidth. Their high standards are high, polite, great to deal with. I have a hosting package with them with a number of websites running from it. No long term contracts, you couldnt wish for more. Yes they do accept hardcore adult sites.

Designer & Webmaster
    Gay Amigo
    Velvet Shaft
    Foreskin Dream

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Hi John -

It was nice meeting you in person in Cardiff, and nice to see you again here. (As well as Hottie Dade, who we haven't seen for months!).

My Servage sites get PR1 ranking on Google. Don't know what it means! I always long for more sales, but I do as well, or better, than typical levels discussed here and on other webmaster forums.

You might want to add a couple of blogs:

* On your own site - blog.cp4men.net and/or www.cp4men.net/blog

* On blogspot.com

* On tumblr.com

* On groups.yahoo.com

Promote models and scene themes, and new releases... drive traffic to various entry points to your site.

- Nick

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. sharvasakthi's Avatar
    I would recommend linux server for you.

Since I was ten!
    Many thanks everyone for your help and contributions-all food for thought! Also a big hi to Nick-hope your doing ok! Ive also got a blog now which I hope will create more interest but even though I have mm spanking as my main tag its still not showing up in google! I think Ive done everythjing humanly possible to try and get higher ratings but it just doesnt seem to be happening thats why was wondering if it may be to do with the server....

ISprime is excellent also, but it's more of a premium host (with premium prices). We host our critical stuff there.

IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | EmoProfits | BritishBucks | HunkMoney | LatinoBucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

I doubt that the server/host is the issue. You might want to take a good long look at your keywords. Don't just settle for what YOU think people use to look for your type of content, but dig a bit deeper to see what other keywords people are using, and get them into your meta tags, and of course, get them into your text and titles within posts. Google Keyword Tools may offer some assistance to you, along with some other webmaster tools they have available for site promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post

My Servage sites get PR1 ranking on Google. Don't know what it means!
    PR means "page rank" and is calculated on various factors. It was once considered a high impact feature on price when selling a website, or for looking for which ones to link to, but I think PR has less value now than it once did. Values go from 0 to 10, with 10 being the highest.

You can read more about PageRank at Webworkshop.net

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Yes, but I'm not sure if the PR1 ranking earns me any more significant money - or just more traffic. I like to think my blogging, spotlighting new releases - as they go live on AEBN, HotMovies, GameLink, Amazon - accounts for the real business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    PR means "page rank" and is calculated on various factors. It was once considered a high impact feature on price when selling a website, or for looking for which ones to link to, but I think PR has less value now than it once did. Values go from 0 to 10, with 10 being the highest.

You can read more about PageRank at Webworkshop.net

Be sure to add the other blog platforms as well.

It helps to have traffic come from a variety of IP sources, and look for blog platforms originating in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by cp4men View Post
    Many thanks everyone for your help and contributions-all food for thought! Also a big hi to Nick-hope your doing ok! Ive also got a blog now which I hope will create more interest but even though I have mm spanking as my main tag its still not showing up in google! I think Ive done everythjing humanly possible to try and get higher ratings but it just doesnt seem to be happening thats why was wondering if it may be to do with the server....

Do the Admins of this forum realize the error that have been present lately:

When you click on Post Quick Reply, while the reply does post, the message below appears, rather than the redirect to the bottom of the thread...

The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between posts. Please try again in 9 seconds.

Also, remember to build your sitemap , and submit your sitemap to Google, Bing and others.

Don't overlook Bing.

These are some of my site's recent Bing vs Google hits in the past few weeks:

bing.com,7288,2807,1042,119,,,3065,254
    google.,1816,389,389,77,,,532,429

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    Do the Admins of this forum realize the error that have been present lately:

When you click on Post Quick Reply, while the reply does post, the message below appears, rather than the redirect to the bottom of the thread...

The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between posts. Please try again in 9 seconds.
    I haven't had that show up ... did you perhaps click twice to submit the post?