Thread: What Makes You Continue To Submit To Link Lists And TGPs?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Makes You Continue To Submit To Link Lists And TGPs?

Just wondered how everyone dealt with their list of sites to submit to in order to get surfer traffic and, more importantly, how you decide whether to continue submitting to a specific site or not?

Do you base it on sales alone or on a mixture of information?

Regards,

Lee

first off I make sure they list me, then I look at traffic and sales. If I don't get either of those, I usually shift them over to an automated submitter, but I rarely will stop submitting all together.

cheers,
    Luke

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I test each one by hand... If I don't see any traffic they are marked off the list. Why put some banner up on your site and send them traffic if they aren't listing you or sending you traffic?
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

gel
    For me it's primarily the traffic they send.

Dzinerbear
    I just started submitting to TGPs this week. I did a campaign and submitted to about 40.

I recorded all of the TGPs I submitted to.

I checked them all every day to see who was listing me.

At the end of the week, I started checking my traffic logs to see who was showing up and what kind of traffic I was getting.

Now, I'm going to pair down the list. Anyone who didn't accept my site, I won't bother submitting to again.

Anyone who is sending me a lot of traffic will become one of my primary recips, that is I will hold two recip spots open on every gallery for my favourites and the third will go to the TGP I'm submitting to.

As far as link lists are concerned, I tried a number of them. And after checking my traffic logs, I basically only keep the ones who are sending me traffic. I don't mind putting a link list's button on my site, but with the number of visitors my sites are getting now, I look at banner space as being prime real estate, so it should be doing something for me as well.

The one link list that sent me the most traffic is the one I ended up buying some ad space on.

I'm also starting to get picky about who I do busy with. If a link list or TGP owner has all of these weird rules (like one guy will disable your listing if his banner doesn't get clicked at least once a day) then I just say, "TMFT - Too much fucking trouble."

I know we all need to set up guidelines so we don't get screwed, but must we go overboard.

Cheers,
    Dzinerbear

Don't forget that some TGPs take 6+ months to list you, I know some places that do this specifically to get rid of the cheaters, figuring that if the gallery is still there in 6 months time you will not redirect it! And those TGPs give some pretty nice traffic too.

cheers,
    Luke

Dzinerbear
    Ah ... this is good to know. I was planning to leave my TGP folder alone and not delete anything. But this info will prove handy when some TGP suddenly appears in my logs.

Cheers
    Michael