Thread: Blog Hosting Question

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar

I Wonder? Blog Hosting Question

Hey everyone...

I am considering setting-up a WPMU and inviting certain folks to come create blogs. What i am having a problem understanding is the following fields:

1. Limited Email Registrations, and...
    2. Banned Email Domains

I have no idea what I should put into these fields.

I was thinking about using an invite code because I really don't want to have to deal with a bunch of slogs and figured this way I could limit you was creating blogs.

If anyone has any information on creating a free hosted blogging platform using WPMU, could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks - Jay

I haven't created the WP Network, but I have been considering it for a couple of domains I own. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. Have you tried the WPMU Development website?

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Hey Bec...

Yep, I purchased a membership and have been putting a little something together. I don't know if I'm going to allow folks to create blogs yet. My plan was to create blogs and use my Sponsor's morphing RSS feeds to populate them. Then have each blog link to my flagship site that's on a different domain altogether.

I love Wordpress and WPMU has some great plugins.

For backups I have found that myRepono is working wonderfully and the best part is it costs just pennies a day. You only get charged for what you use, so when you're poor like me it helps.

Have a great day!
    Jay

So you got it all sorted on what to enter into those fields? I grabbed a one month membership and downloaded EVERYTHING they had. All the themes, plugins, etc. So many toys, so little time LOL