Thread: Watch out for go daddy

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar

Watch out for go daddy

Watch out for go daddy
    Ok everyone just wanted to give everyone the heads up on go daddy. Seems like with my account they turned on auto renew which I never do ever with anything! Seems like yesterday they did a renew without my ok, and there bill was 30 buck but the overdraft cost me anther 30, then today they did it again with 5 more names a cost of 75 buck and you got it over draft of 30 bucks. I use my debit card I?m so pissed off that I?m spitting nails not only now losing the names but also the over drafts. So my advice to everyone go and check to see if they turned on auto renew with you guys.
    Does anyone know where I can renew my domain names as they come up?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    A bit all over - spending the summer in the Colorado Rockies.
    Registering a domain with go-daddy is the dumbest thing on the planet.

You don't own a go-daddy domain, you are just leasing it from them. Don't beat around the bush, register it properly.

Dave

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    dave where do you buy your domains from

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    A bit all over - spending the summer in the Colorado Rockies.
    PonyBoy,

DirectNic for me - it is a proper registra. $15 a year but you own the domain.

Dave

This could just be a case of you forgot to uncheck the auto renew box when you did your last renewal. Another registrar that I use besides Godaddy is Netfirms, and they are $9.95.

Ok I book marked netfirms, I know that I didn’t have auto renew on, it never happened before with them, man was I mad still am.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I use Servage.net

Auto Renewal of Domains is very clearly marked in the Control panel.

now they want my contact information and the money haqsn't been put back yet, what the

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I've quit GoDaddy long ago. It's just not worth the risk and hassle.
    On occasion I'd use them to register a domain, then transfer it out as soon I that 90-day transfer ban is lifted.

And I always use a credit card. That way when they told me they won't refund $20 for that misleading domain backorder fee because they can't issue refunds I went ahead and charged it back. Problem solved

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    For years I've used NameCheap and WebLaunching.
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website