Thread: Affiliates - CCBill or Epoch?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    A bit all over - spending the summer in the Colorado Rockies.

Affiliates - CCBill or Epoch?

Hey guys,

I run my own pay sites and I'm working on a new project.

I've used CCBill and Epoch since the dark old days when Globill fell over and took some of my money with it.

I've run a CCBill affiliate program which has been a success but with all the new features that Epoch is bringing on I was wondering if many affiliate like Epoch over CCBill or vice-versa.

Hopefully an interesting topic.

Dave

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Why not both?

When you move, you lose some Affils who don't get the memo.

When you add a new, you add Affils who are already entrenched with the new.

Of course, you need to weigh the VISA and MC adult fee, but unless you switch on your anniversary date, you're paying again, anyway.

Anyone try using Verotel to avoid the Visa and MC fees?
    Producer of The Great Canadian Male. www.TheGreatCanadianMale.com

Well, as an affiliate for 10 years ... I prefer CCbill as I get credit for all sales and don't have to wait for a site to make X number of sales before I see a check. Anyone I've used that had Epoch eventually switched to just CCBill. As for Verotel ... granted, I don't have a lot of sites under that payment program, but I've seen only 2 checks in 10 years. It's not on my list of fav processors, not so much as a payment gateway, but the limited number of sites to promote makes it hard to build up sales.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Thanks for the feedback guys - I'll keep both programs running and let know about the pickup on Epoch.

I've got VISA and MC on both processors and all my sites.

I was screwed by Verotel in 2005 and Globill when it collapsed before that - both cost me a lot more than $500 so I'd prefer to spread the risk although CCBill and Epoch have been running seamlessly since 2005 for me.

Dave

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    What are your sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Well, as an affiliate for 10 years ... I prefer CCbill as I get credit for all sales and don't have to wait for a site to make X number of sales before I see a check.
    Bec says it all, right here.

[/thread]
    Flirt4Free || Account Executive
    ph: 916-672-TOFU (8638)
    twitter: tofu916

I'd rather be whole, than good Evil Chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    Bec says it all, right here.

[/thread]
    Using your own merchant account, and your funds settle the same day.

If you need all the bells and whistles that a 3rd party IPSP provides, then ok. Shop around and choose one.

But if you're willing and able to provide your own customer support and cut checks to affiliates yourself, you'll pay way less in fees and have a lot more control over your online affairs. I'd be happy to provide more info and help out.

Chris

Our Experience Payze
    chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827

In comparing private merchant accounts with processors, like CCBill... the discussion of fees needs to be more transparent.

The last time I had a merchant account, 2004, there were fixed monthly fees, fixed transaction charges, and percentage transaction charges. There were set-up fees for gateways and the bank.

At what critical mass of transactions per month, does CCBill's 14% prove to be lower than a private merchant account fees, and at what point is it higher?

Over the years, on these webmaster forums, there has been a benchmark of $100/?100/100€/day in net earnings for sole proprietors. Some of the web masters who work from home, while their sugar daddy partners work in corporate, or real estate, or financial speculation, don't care, don't have to, because they don't have to work at all - beyond blooging as a personal hobby and expression of their lifestyles. Super-sized platforms, with employees, may or may not pay $100/?100/100€/day to their employees (contractors), with benefits, and after taxes.

So wherever one fits with the 100/day net, where does CCBill's 14%, or DHD's 14%, or Epoch (unknown for me rate), fit, compared to private merchant account, to process that mass?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Nick,

I haven't looked into the own merchant account but I'm seeing more chatter about them on forums.

I'm just finishing up a re-organizing of my personal financial structures and maybe a refresh on my business stuff could tie into a merchant account solution.

Dave