Thread: Special price points for affiliates?

Special price points for affiliates?

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate your advice about price points from an affiliate point of view.
    Would a discounted price point, available only to affiliates, be of interest to you? Does it make a site easier to sell, or does it just reduce your commission?
    We are open to any feedback about which offers work best for you and which types of trial convert the best.

Thanks,
    George

Kinda quiet round here huh?

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Yes, unfortunately this has become a very quiet place.

I think that quality of content is much more important than special offers. I'd say if your content is hot, there's no need for a discount. There's one site we promote that regularly offers discounts of 25% for a limited time, but I don't see any difference in sales when their special offer is up.

Offering discounted prices to selected affiliates is also something I don't like. If I wouldn't be among the selected few, I would drastically reduce my efforts to promote that site and if I'd be in, I'd probably loosing money from the discounted price as I'm not convinced that I would make enough extra sales to cover the lower comission.

I also don't do trials anymore. They rarely convert for me and making one dollar or less on a sale isn't something I would like spending my time on. It's revshare for the quality programs/good performers and PPS (if possible) for the rest.