Thread: Mercury In Retro

Mercury In Retro

October 21 thru Nov 10, 2013

Mercury's retrograde periods can cause our plans to go awry. However, this is an excellent time to reflect on the past. Intuition is high during these periods, and coincidences can be extraordinary.

When Mercury is retrograde, remain flexible, allow time for extra travel, and avoid signing contracts. Review projects and plans at these times, but wait until Mercury is direct again to make any final decisions.

Ok -- here's the retro damage for me so far:

1. timing chain tensioner on the truck needs replaced: $1100 -- no can do, so we're car-less until I can save up enough dough (anyone need anything? banners, site reviews, vid uploads to tubes, etc??) This one came under the coincidences will be extraordinary, as we just had the oil changed on Saturday so there's no reason for the tensioner to have lost pressure. Oh, and plans go awry - we were on the way to my doctor's when it went kaplooey. -- mechanical/appointments

2. speakers on my tv in my room went bad, had to pitch it to curb. Retro affects electronics, computers, phones, as well as mechanical things. -- electronic

3. speakers on my computer haven't worked for 3 days and can't track it down. REAAAAAAAALLY hoping it isn't the mobo -- I'll try a sound card this weekend. -- computer

4. one of my favorite pc games crashed on Monday. -- computer

is it the 10th yet?

Damn Bec that is QUITE the list! Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Ok -- here's the retro damage for me so far:

1. timing chain tensioner on the truck needs replaced: $1100 -- no can do, so we're car-less until I can save up enough dough (anyone need anything? banners, site reviews, vid uploads to tubes, etc??) This one came under the coincidences will be extraordinary, as we just had the oil changed on Saturday so there's no reason for the tensioner to have lost pressure. Oh, and plans go awry - we were on the way to my doctor's when it went kaplooey. -- mechanical/appointments

2. speakers on my tv in my room went bad, had to pitch it to curb. Retro affects electronics, computers, phones, as well as mechanical things. -- electronic

3. speakers on my computer haven't worked for 3 days and can't track it down. REAAAAAAAALLY hoping it isn't the mobo -- I'll try a sound card this weekend. -- computer

4. one of my favorite pc games crashed on Monday. -- computer

is it the 10th yet?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    We just sued the owner of the building next to ours. Guess that's a Mercury in retrograde thing though it's been building for months now.

In terms of shit that's happened to us - we were told a big lump on my dog's leg is cancerous (probably started out as a normal fatty deposit), AND that she's got really bad arthritis. She got the lump off yesterday.

Oh no! Do we know if it is benign? Sending tons of puppy hugs and treats....

... sigh ... since I posted my first list I have since had a second tv/monitor totally go black. It MIGHT be the ac/dc adapter. And yesterday the sound on my cell phone goes KapuT. No TV and no Cell Phone .... is life worth living??????!!

LOL

Some good news ... we were able to find, and finance, a new vehicle: a 2002 Mercury Villager. Miles are a bit high (158,000), but she runs good and overall interior and exterior are in very good shape. We still want to repair the truck, but we have needed something with 4 doors and a bunch of seating room for at least the past 6 years, so this is perfect as it seats 5 comfortably.

2002_mercury_villager.jpg

I have got to say since last week it seems like it's taking forever to get things done, almost like time has slowed and I'm pushing forward through the sludge one step at a time ugh

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I have got to say since last week it seems like it's taking forever to get things done, almost like time has slowed and I'm pushing forward through the sludge one step at a time ugh
    Well, it's recommended to sit back a bit and finish up old projects, and maybe work on a list of future projects, but don't start new ones just yet. Any of what you're slogging thru.. can it take a back seat for now??

Oh no! Do we know if it is benign? Sending tons of puppy hugs and treats....
    It's cancer (sarcoma), but we found out today that it's the mildest type of cancer - so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by rawTOP View Post
    It's cancer (sarcoma), but we found out today that it's the mildest type of cancer - so that's good.
    So treatable, surgically or with meds??

Well, it's recommended to sit back a bit and finish up old projects, and maybe work on a list of future projects, but don't start new ones just yet. Any of what you're slogging thru.. can it take a back seat for now??
    Nothing big it can wait until next week. The launch of a simple small pay site no worries thanks for the info Bec

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

So treatable, surgically or with meds??
    She had surgery 10 days ago to have the mass removed off her knee. The vet says the next step is radiation, but we're declining that treatment option. She just won't understand the pain. She's 11 - her breed doesn't live too many years more. According to what I'm reading online if we had left the tumor untreated her life expectancy would have been just under 4 years (for an average sarcoma - and she has the best possible type of sarcoma). With surgery and radiation that number goes up to a bit over 6 years. 11+4=15 - which would make her VERY old for her breed with no treatment. So the numbers just don't justify further treatment - especially when it lowers her quality of life.

Well guys, we made it to the 10th, and we should have things back to "normal" for awhile .... whatever that may be!

rawtop -- what kind of dog do you have?