Thread: Firefox & Google Search

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!

Firefox & Google Search

I don't know what is going on with the last two version of Firefox and Google search, but everytime I put a search into the box and then hit the back button, I get a blank page.

I've GOOGLED it, yes..and I've read this and that but cannot seem to find THE answer that stops this crap from happening.

Anyone got any ideas?

Click the refresh button?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

In my opinion, both Google and Firefox suck. They've ruined them. Literally. Google SERPs are horrible too. I'm using Bing now and the searches are much more targeted. I used to try to search for PHP related articles using Google and all that came were SERPs in regard to Wordpress. Talk about frustrating. I find Bing much better. And Yahoo as well.

That being said, many people still use Firefox, so when designing sites I have to have Firefox installed and use it to view my sites. Opera is my main browser though. It has it's quirks as well, but at least it doesn't get strange like Firefox. And search engines don't go blank with results.

Just my 2 cents worth

I'd rather be whole, than good Evil Chris's Avatar
    I ditched Firefox years ago. I finally decided to try it after so much hype and found it to be so annoying, requiring updates constantly. It was like a small child inside my computer.

Our Experience Payze
    chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I like the simplicity of Safari on OS X. But, there are some sites, like CCBill and Mint.com, that I need to run on FireFox.

There was a Java update 3 weeks ago, followed by a Safari update, and there have been some noticeable changes in mouse point-and-click actions ever since.

Especially if I have hit a page with lots of CSS, my mouse actions change, e.g. single-click insertion of cursor at a certain location, double-clicking, triple-clicking, select-drag-copy.

There is coming a point where CSS needs to slow down to take into consideration the limitations of the hardware and software that it must coexist with.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I like the simplicity of Safari on OS X. But, there are some sites, like CCBill and Mint.com, that I need to run on FireFox.
    I've been meaning to ask, have you downloaded OS Mavericks? I just updated and my browser performance (google chrome) suffered tremendously.

Flirt4Free || Account Executive
    ph: 916-672-TOFU (8638)
    twitter: tofu916

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    There you go, that's an excellent reason why I should wait a bit longer!

I might upgrade my iPad this weekend. I don't use it much here in the US, but depend on it in Europe and the UK.

I stopped my iPhone T-Mobile service a few months ago, as I don't need service around Las Vegas, because I don't go anywhere. I might update the iPhone, to see if anything changes running on WiFi.

I'll wait on the desktop for a while longer.

Before I go back to Europe in the Spring, I will need a laptop, as a lot of hotels LIE that they have WiFi, then it turns out only in the Lobby! I travel with my Mac Mini, which is a Laptop without a monitor, and therefore a desktop. Can't FTP files with my iPad, so I am going to need a Laptop.

I know I can't afford a Mac Laptop, especially since I just paid the equivalent in tuition for my Teaching English Certification. But I am kind of looking at a Chrome Book at ~$250. As long as it has a USB port, and can FTP.

That and I should have another browser client to check out my websites for code compliance.

That's what I have been doing. Still frustrating to have to do that.

Please don't tell me you use IE! Guess the only real alternative is Chrome
    but wait..another Google product!