Thread: CSS Dr

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

CSS Dr

I'm thinking of looking for a CSS Doctor, to help me piece together some CSS Template pages, with a variety of CSS features.

Like ribbons, multiple fluid text boxes, photo sliders, Facebook, Twitter feed? keeping from conflicting with each other.

CSS only, no WP.

I really don't want to shop on Freelancer? is what I want to do within the realm of people here, or TMM?

- Nick

I usually code that stuff myself. However, keep in mind that many CSS tricks aren't cross browser compatible. While I do ignore what the older versions of Internet Explore don't support, I do try to keep within the boundaries of the latest versions of IE. That being said though, what may work in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and other major browsers probably won't be compatible with IE 10.

Getting too fancy with CSS can backfire on you. This has been my experience. There are ways around certain tricks by using images in lieu of CSS sometimes though. It can be a gamble and a real headache at times.

Having said all this, I try to keep things as simple as possible while maintaining nice looking sites.

My 2 cents worth CAD.

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I agree. I see so many do-noting sites that have a mile of CSS code and WP this and that. (I do a View Source, and look for their CSS stylesheets and download them)

I just know that to be visually competitive, I need to have some CSS templates to offer clients (in the non-adult project I'm doing).

I would rather do the PHP and javascript part that performs calculations and analysis, or draws charts, graphs and maps from data… but I need to spend a few minutes (hours, days) putting some visual templates together.

I am fond of CSS Ribbons. Although, I have seen some PSD templates that are pretty light in weight (file size).

I built a sample page with CSS Ribbons, then a conflict occurred and now other parts of the page are not displaying.

That's why I am thinking I need to find someone with some miles of experience with CSS to polish these for me, so I can get back to PHP calculations, and Map making.

Suggestions of a resource to hire would be appreciated.

- Nick

Bec- I'm surprised that you don't have a recommendation on this?

I can do minor coding, add a table, change a font or style, but not on the level you're wanting done.

This far into buying templates and taking out the WP overhead...

I have finally hit a brain teaser.

For almost two decades, we have done the <a name="aname">I'm something</a> in the middle of a page, and a <a href="#aname">I'm something</a> in a menu at the top of the page.

I have a script, with lots of CSS, where that doesn't work.

html5 supports id="aname" rather than href="#aname".

That doesn't work.

What in css can conflict with that basic concept?

I don't have a lot of choices, <> occurrences, to put it. An example says to put the "id=" in a <h2> tag. I wanted to put it a little closer to the content, which doesn't have a <h*> tag at all. I'll try putting one in, like a <h3> or <h4>. Maybe style definitions for <h*> tags is contradicting it.

One source suggested it is a Chrome thing. But Safari doesn't do it, either.

http://mathiasbynens.be/notes/html5-id-class ...maybe you can find some answers here

The best I have read is that CSS does that z-layer thing that can conflict, and/or things to conflict with other html tags.

Haven't got to it yet today. The ChromeBook arrived, and it is a blast! It and the wireless keyboard practically married themselves without any input from me - except for me to input the dongle in the USB port.

No setup! It just worked.

It found the ChromeCast already on the network from 2 weeks ago, and simply installed itself. I've been watching shows on CAM4 all afternoon.

The biggest ChromeBook setup hurdle: picking which of my 10 @gmail addresses to use to log in with.

$199 at Amazon. Free shipping. $19 tax.