Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALERT! zbuckz Questionable Business Practices!

GWW Community Member

ALERT! zbuckz Questionable Business Practices!

ALERT! zbuckz Questionable Business Practices!

Hi guys,

I have been sending zbuckz sales and traffic for many years but forgot to check my stats this year. I then logged into my account the other day and realized I had 0 sales, rebills and CLICKS! for over a year!
    I use to make 100$+ every 3 month as seen below,

2011-02-01 Paid 2011-02-08 Mark Received $147.32 Paypal Details
    2011-04-16 Paid 2011-04-22 Mark Received $100.43 Paypal Details
    2011-06-16 Paid 2011-06-22 Mark Received$126.68 Paypal Details
    2011-09-01 Paid 2011-09-08 Mark Received $155.25 Paypal Details
    2012-01-16 Paid 2012-01-23 Mark Received $123.74 Paypal Details
    2012-04-16 Paid 2012-04-23 Mark Received $102.29 Paypal Details
    2012-07-16 Paid 2012-07-23 Mark Received $102.29 Paypal Details
    2012-10-16 Paid 2012-10-22 Mark Received $118.01 Paypal Details

Then I found out that THEY HAD TAKEN DOWN THE SITE (www.gayasianamateurs.com) I WAS SENDING TRAFFIC TO WITHOUT NOTICING THE AFFILIATES!!!

Be aware of these guys.

regards,

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    ZBuckz always pays me what I'm due.

It looks like they're redirecting GayAsianAms to another site. You should get sales on that other site. At least that's how it works with other NATS based sponsors.

GWW Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rawTOP View Post
    ZBuckz always pays me what I'm due.

It looks like they're redirecting GayAsianAms to another site. You should get sales on that other site. At least that's how it works with other NATS based sponsors.

0 sales, rebills and clicks! for over a year and they took down the site I was sending traffic too.
    Doesn't sound right...Though I had 97 join hits!

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children.
    This has already been addressed on another forum, the affiliates I have spoken to are bored of your publicity stunt and angry you have illegally used their email addresses. We are already speaking to our Lawyer as well regarding your actions, you should be getting your C&D letter soon.
    18 exclusive gay sites - 20+ RSS Feeds - Hundreds of FLVs and Embedded Videos
    Top Converting Site StraightRentBoys.com converting 1/150
    www.zBUCKz.com - Let's make you money.

GWW Community Member
    In regards to your C&D just read the title "ALERT! zbuckz Questionable Business Practices!" perfectly alright.

It's not "alright" in my book ... I don't appreciate getting drama emails via my affiliate email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    It's not "alright" in my book ... I don't appreciate getting drama emails via my affiliate email address.
    I concur. I got an email from this sponsor and I've never been an affiliate or had any association with them in the past. So I have no clue how they got my email address.

I came over from the 'other' board to get away from this drama boygloryhole. Can we please put this issue to rest and you deal with the sponsor you're having issues with in private? Thank you.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I only promote member sites that use an aggregate biller (e.g. CCBill), because I don't want lots of pots of money floating around the Internet, none of which make varying minimum payout levels.

I only look for sponsors with aggregate billers.

I'm sorry for your loss boygloryhole that sucks.

According to the previous sales data you posted you've lost about $400 in potential revenue over the last year. That's a fun night out with friends! Is it really worth it? The time you took to prepare the email you sent out to everyone & posting on all the boards?

I can't help but think there's something more to the story, other then forgetting to check your links for a year and losing that potential income.

Either way, it still sucks, the moment when you've realized the loss of potential income because you couldn't keep pace with your workload. I've been there myself, a lot of us have. Bite the bullet, learn from it, move forward, and thrive.

~~ sending positive vibes your way ~~
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    Where did the email addresses come from and how has the matter been resolved?
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    It is too bad that we need to check links a LOT! It is too bad that programs change ANYTHING, ever!

I hate it when programs change things, that force Affiliates to have to change links. What could go wrong with that?? Well, everything!

Just as Affiliates look for RSS feeds so they don't have to do so much busy work maintenance work, having to check e-mail for change scenarios, and testing links for changes, is a huge maintenance burden most web masters of the scale that web masters on these Forums are, didn't sign-up for!

Those are things that Sponsors programs, with big staffs, do because they can, and because it is something that suits their back-end business structure. There's way too many posts on this and other Forums, where web masters DON'T get the e-mail, DON'T check or test links, DON'T check their postal mailbox or bank account for payments.

I hate it when my VOD and DVD partners change the format of the Excel spreadsheets, and add a new column in the MIDDLE of a row of columns! That breaks all of my PHP scripts, because suddenly $VariableC is now $VariableD, and $VariableC is now something new.

And since I analyze stats going back to 2005, I can't just change the script to the new column format, I have to put in a(nother) IF statement: if on date of the month-end statistic is less than the date of the change of column format, do this with $VariableC, and if the date is after the date of the change of column format, do that with $VariableC, and do something else with $variableD.

Several months ago, I sent a VOD partner a box of 90 DVDs, US Postal Priority Mail box, with Tracking. I went to USPS.com and signed up for e-mail notification of the Tracking. I got several e-mail notifications, with step-by-step progress of the shipment, right down to the day and time it was delivered.

Now, instead of contacting the VOD partner that same day, and acknowledging "DID YOU GET IT," I wait all summer long and don't see any new titles. I figure they're not doing much in the heat of the summer. I'm busy writing new PHP scripts for a project.

Dumb me, I wait until almost the 1st of October, and ask.

They replied, as they did once 3 years ago when I sent a shipment in a box rather than in an envelope: "We don't see the package on our incoming log". "Send it again".

NO, I'm not. You loose. AEBN didn't loose their shipment, but YOU did. I make 20%, you make 80%, You Loose. You lost my package inside of your house, because you get hundreds of packages a week, YOU LOOSE.

I didn't check. (And, I didn't send it Signature Required.) But, I didn't check. And we one-man webmaster shops and studios have to check EVERYTHING, because the big staff operations will do things that will need checking.

For what it's worth folks, if you're buying into boygloryhole's story, please don't. zbuckz is on the up and up completely and as we all can see, this was boygloryhole's wrongdoing by not checking stats for over a year. Anything can happen in that time.

I received and acknowledged the email that zbuckz sent out regarding Gay Asian Amateurs shutting down and telling affiliates to change their links. If the email went into a spam folder then that would be on the affiliate, not the program owner. It's up to us as affiliates to make sure that doesn't happen.

zbuckz did nothing wrong here. Trust me on that. Thanks.

Bland PR hype from total strangers doesn't impress. I tend to agree with Nick -- sponsors should make sure links keep on working. It's basis good practice when it comes to site management.

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyratstudios View Post
    Bland PR hype from total strangers doesn't impress. I tend to agree with Nick -- sponsors should make sure links keep on working. It's basis good practice when it comes to site management.
    Based on what was told over on GD… The links were working and sales were being recorded and paid out properly. What didn't happen was double reporting in NATS - the clicks only got reflected on one of the sites, not both. The whole thing is much ado about nothing.

Thanks for giving an insight.