Thread: Larry Flynt's Assailant Is Executed Today

Larry Flynt's Assailant Is Executed Today

Xbiz .Com News
    JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. Joseph Paul Franklin, the shooter who attempted to assassinate Larry Flynt, was executed today.

The execution came after Flynt, who has used a wheelchair since the 1978 shooting, unsuccessfully pleaded for mercy for his assailant.

Flynt was vocal about saving Franklin from death, and in a column in the Hollywood Reporter last month, he challenged the methodology of execution and the lack of transparency.

Franklin, however, was executed for killing Gerald Gordon in a sniper attack on a St. Louis synagogue in 1977. He was convicted of seven other murders and claimed responsibility for up to 20 others in a cross-country racist killing spree from 1977 to 1980.

Franklin at his execution at a state prison in Bonne Terre, Mo., declined to make a final statement. He was administered five grams of pentobarbital and moments later stopped breathing.

In an interview this week, Franklin elaborated to CNN why he shot Flynt.

"I saw that interracial couple he had, photographed there, having sex," he told CNN. "It just made me sick. I think whites marry with whites, blacks with blacks, Indians with Indians. Orientals with orientals. I threw the magazine down and thought, I'm gonna kill that guy."

Franklin was referring to the December 1975 issue of Hustler that featured several photos of a black man with a white woman.

Thanks for the update Bec.

This guy was a FREAK - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Paul_Franklin

As much as it's been hard for Larry Flynt - I myself have no legs after being run over by a drunk driver in 2005 so I can relate to him to a large degree - I'm so glad he survived. The man is a true icon and set precedents we today can be thankful for. Especially as affiliates and sponsors, whatever the case may be, of adult entertainment. Larry went through hell and back to set these standards. I've got a lot of respect for the man. As sick and twisted as Hustler can be at times. LOL.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Jack, I'm with you.
    SeeMyBucks New Sites > WatchDudes.com | SeeMyBF.com | MenBucket.com