In late November, I upgraded to OSX Mavericks. At that point, I decided that it was time to transition from Safari to Chrome.

What an amazing experience that has been! Before Xmas, I got the ChromeCast. Now, I can turn on my TV again, and actually enjoy watching something in 32-inches.

My most recent transition/migration has been from Apple Mail, on my desktop, laptop, tablet and phone - to Google Enterprise Apps. Not just long friend Gmail, but having Google Mail serve as the CNAME for e-mail for each of my Domains, in Chrome.

In a month, I'll be getting my new MacMini, as part of Apple's Reuse and Recycle Program. I'll buy a brand new NIB MacMini, and get about 30% of the current MacMini's original price back in a Apple Gift Card. My current one is approaching the end of its Apple Care life span. I'll get a new one with full-term Apple Care, and the person who buys my current one, refurbished, will get 2 years of Apple Care. Win/Win!

At that time, I do not want to load up my internal harddrive (or RAM) - Desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile - with mail. Mail is and should be a Cloud thing, not a boot drive space-taker-upper.

That and Google Enterprise Apps Mail comes with SPF authenticity for outgoing mail, plus good spam blocking for incoming.