Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The openminded of "straight" WM's

Sheepish

The openminded of "straight" WM's

I had to laugh today.

Somebody started sending me messages via icq today thinking I was somebody else. Had a chat about AVS and he asked me to send him a link of a site so he could have a look. I sent him site with a few strategically placed giant cocks and his reply...

"got any straight shit? i hate fags"

I then said "I love that reply"

He says... "no offense tho"

Gotta love these people...

Sheepo

what an ignorant jerk! and such a lovely vocabulary :-/

remember, though - not all straight people are bigots, any more than all gay people are.

Sheepish
    I can't comment on vocabulary...not when I can't even compose a correct subject title - totally incorrectly worded and can't even pick the right words!

Should be...

"The openmindedness of some "straight" WM's"

Oops

when i commented on his vocabulary, i was referring to his use of the word "fags".

i know a couple webmasters who told me when they saw some of my sites that they weren't comfortable looking at gay content. okay, no real problem there. but this asshat you were talking to has to use a crude and derogatory term. i'm sure his mother must be so proud...

RedShoe
    maybe I'm just jaded or whatever, but words are just words. They're neutral. It's the context in which they are used that dictates their meaning. It's the prick using the word that makes the word a 'bad' word.

George Carlin has taught me well on the subject of the english language.

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by basschick
    i'm sure his mother must be so proud...
    His Mom probably would be proud... remember, hate is learned.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Like that freak over on the avs board. I started a post about str8 webmasters and working on gay sites.

Some freak posts gay sites are sick or something like that. I'm amazed that people still feel like that. Expecially when most gay programs pay more.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by andymike
    Like that freak over on the avs board. I started a post about str8 webmasters and working on gay sites.

Some freak posts gay sites are sick or something like that. I'm amazed that people still feel like that. Expecially when most gay programs pay more.
    Haha yeah ive been watching that thread to the last few days.

Its amazing how some of these webmasters make money at all :eek:

Especially when asked why they didnt ask for advice the reply came that 'i cant keep asking people for help' um.. isnt that the wat people grow and devlop in business by asking for help and advice when you need it?

Regards,

Lee

thetwink
    homophobia is still alive and well. I think it's funny, and I sometimes feel bad for someone that is not secure in who they are.

all sorts of things like this are alive and well... most people have a prejudice against older people without even knowing it. certainly a lot of people have prejudices against women, people of color, people from other countries, other religions, overweight people and SO many other things... and then there are the sexual things like being gay or bi, or trans - being into bdsm or being involved in group marriage are on many people's hate list, too.

it's amazing that most of us can live together at all :-(

Sheepish
    I just thought it was so funny when someone says "I hate fags" they supposedly didn't mean to offend you.

Of course...I might have it wrong. Over here a fag is a cigarette. Perhaps he was just pointing out he didn't like smokers...you never know...

Sheepo

Dravyk
    For what it's worth, as a straight male myself, I have never understood homophobia. But then I've also never understood racism, religious wars and a lot of other stupid things either.

The nearest thing I can think of that might be the answer is that homophobes always seem to be very insecure in their own sexuality.

Originally posted by Sheepish
    I just thought it was so funny when someone says "I hate fags" they supposedly didn't mean to offend you.

Of course...I might have it wrong. Over here a fag is a cigarette. Perhaps he was just pointing out he didn't like smokers...you never know...

Sheepo
    Hey Sheepish..

Send me over a bottle or R Whites please thats the one thing i miss about the UK

Regards,

Lee

Originally posted by Dravyk
    The nearest thing I can think of that might be the answer is that homophobes always seem to be very insecure in their own sexuality.
    You know Harry as much i would truely like to beleive that i honestly cant, i think it more a fact that there will always be biggoted assholes in the world and we just have to do our best to live them even if we do think they should be taken down a dark alley and shot in reality.

I forget who it was but one of our community members mentioned in another thread that biggotry and hatred was learnt from parents and to some extent i do feel like that is the case unfortunately

It doesnt make it any more acceptable though.

Regards,

Lee

Oh i should also append to this thread that, for the most part the straight webmasters we do have utilizing the GWW community do come off as very professional in everyway possible so 'straight' webmasters arent all bad thankfully :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee