Thread: Dublin?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

Dublin?

I started a thread recently about European Travel. Not everyone considers Ireland to be part of Europe.

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...-Europe-Travel

So I'm starting this one, where the title is more specific.

I'm looking to visit Dublin for the month of May, to take in the International Dublin Gay Theatre Festival! I like Gay stage theater (there's also wonderful Lesbian stage theater, but the issues are a bit over my head).

I have a GoFundMe about this as well: http://www.gofundme.com/7uckvc . The Euro is rough on the US Dollar! And short-term lodging is tough.

I really enjoyed visiting Dublin in 2011. I was in Liverpool. Decided to give Dublin a try. Took the train to Holyhead, then the fast Ferry to Dublin. Spent two short weeks, and did the most wonderful photo/video project with a fitness jock, that did well on my VOD partners, and DVD sales.

Saw the current Harry Potter film in July, in a house full of Irish. When the Irish character "Shamus" delivered his one line, the house went nuts with excitement! It was so great.

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I've been working on a potential trip to Dublin for 3 months now, and prospects are looking dismal.

I was there 2 years ago, for 2 weeks. Beautiful, fun city. Did an amazing shoot. I have a repeat with the same model lined up, as well as a couple more.

Now, the Hotels and short-let apartments are $175/night!!!!!!

Dublin might nice, but it ain't no New York City, for cultural opportunities!

Might stay in the US this summer.

You are such and adventurer. I love it! I hope you make it.

Robert Chandler
    Fantastic Foreskin
    Affiliate site: Fantasticforeskin.com/affiliates
    Twitter: @FanForeskin | Facebook: FantasticRobertChandler

I did find a couple of more places this afternoon, in between configuring my new iPhone and Spacepack, and Plantronics bluetooth, and another bluetooth over-the-head earphone and mic that had ridiculously low volume.

If they wrote back in the morning, their morning, it still might be too little, too late. Even at three-weeks out!

AirBnB is worthless. GumTree doesn't seem to reach Dublin.

One more try in the morning.

There truly isn't much left for networking that far west of London!

I'd rather be whole, than good Evil Chris's Avatar
    I flew to Dublin on January 1st, 2000 just after ringing in the New Year in Amsterdam.

Kinda hard to forget that date.

Our Experience Payze
    chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827

Y2K day! You survived it!

I cancelled the trip to Dublin. The cheapest hotel I could find was $175/night.

AirBnB $90/night, from the only AirBnB ad that even wrote back! Watch for AirBnB to take a big tumble soon. Cities all over the world are starting to sue, and/or enact stricter zoning rules over owners and renters, renting out rooms for the night, on properties not zoned for "Hotel/Motel" nightly rentals.

I will next set my sights on Eastern Europe again, probably. I believe the UK is out of reach as well.

I don't read much on here or other places about webmasters, even content shooters, doing much extended travel these days. I had a fun ride in 2009 for 3 months followed by 3 months int he US, 2011 for 9 months and 2012 for 9 months. I read about very few traveling to shoot, and too few attending Forums and Summits.

The part that makes me angry is that in the aftermath of the 2008 recession, it seems local economies are trying to make it on the backs of foreign tourists. Investors, speculators, are driving up the hotel rates. The currency exchange rate, 1.68 UK and 1.38 EU, is pricing Americans with USDs out. Many hotels in the US are raising their rates, as Brits and Europeans can buy dollars at .60 and .80.

I'm not daunted, but I am disappointed that there exists the Troll Under the Bridge that is the lodging bandit.

Currency exchange rates for USD in UK is now 1.69, and Euro 1.39.

Guess neither country wants US tourists nor US investments.

UK models looking for work, best not count on US studios coming to the UK to shoot!