Thread: NAB Creative Pro Super Meet 2014 Las vegas

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

NAB Creative Pro Super Meet 2014 Las vegas

This is the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) show here in Las Vegas. As part of that, independent film makers gather for their annual Super Meet.

It was last night. There were a couple thousand of us there.

The Super Meet is in two parts: A trade show with 50 booths for a variety of hardware and software vendors, and a series of group demonstrations, but mostly software (video editing) brands.

I had the best time, seeing hardware and software in action. Had some great visits with companies that had booths.

This year HP debuted as a sponsor, booth and demonstration, as they have some high-end, but not overly high-priced $3000) workstations, some of which were designed in consultation with big Hollywood studios (e.g. DreamWorks).

What I learned from that: In many post production houses, there will be a mix of Mac and PC workstations, with each doing their own part, with what they do best with hardware and software combinations.

e.g. An Editor may be editing in Final Cut Pro, while several others in the room may be using Macs or PCs to do color correction, or special effects, or masking, or rotoscoping, or sound design... not to mention even logging footage and clip management!

I took 60 pictures on my new iPhone 5S. Instead of uploading them here, I have them on my FB page. Apparently you must be logged in to your FB account. Be sure to Follow or add me as a Friend!

https://www.facebook.com/nickbaerhol...6207824&type=3

There was a CUTE group of guys from Boston representing an audio enhancement software company! With ties to Harvard!

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Can't pick just one picture from last night's event, but this is impressive: Multi-cam 24 cameras in FCPX! The most I've ever done was 3!

IMG_0087.jpg

The big buzz of the evening was GoPro Cameras!

I saw some amazing reels and trailers with GoPro footage. Seems FCPX really likes it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ps%2Ck%3Agopro

MacMinirackmount.jpg

This is one of my top favorite photos from the CPUG Super Meet. A Vendor takes a variety of Video and hard drive interfaces, adds a Mac Mini as the brains, and puts them all in a 19" wide rank mount shelf!!!

Since I didn't take a pic of the three Harvard guys from the audio software company.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    the new Mac Pro, an exepensive trash can or a place to put your fist in

they had some nice gadgetry this year at NAB, hopefully most of it isn't vaporware like CES