Thread: yahoo and viruses

Storm

yahoo and viruses

i find it strange that when i updated (downloaded the new version) of yahoo, i ended up having all kinds of problems on the pc
    it said i had 7 trojan viruses all downloader related all non cleanable all sucks!
    before i downloaded yahoo i had NO problems.
    i didn't surf anywhere, i didn't check mail or do ANYTHING after i installed yahoo, yet the viruses were suddenly there.
    kinda freaky eh? not too surprising to me. i figure yahoo is about the worse culprit
    anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Jasun
    you mean Yahoo Instant messenger?

I'm scared of things like that, although it's possible that the trojans came from other places... some can install onto parts of your hard drive that even a complete erase and initialize won't get rid of.

Thank God for iChat.

Storm
    Originally posted by Jasun
    you mean Yahoo Instant messenger?

I'm scared of things like that, although it's possible that the trojans came from other places... some can install onto parts of your hard drive that even a complete erase and initialize won't get rid of.

Thank God for iChat.
    can you please tell me more about ichat
    my sister in NZ is all geeked on yahoo im and so i downloaded the new version (i had a feeling i shouldn't)
    well, seems she's had major problems too, although she is not very puter savy so she has no idea it probably cam from yahoo
    i'd like some way of shatting with her, other than yahoo

Jasun
    iChat, alas, will only work with Mac OS X.

It will shake hands with Yahoo, ICQ and AIM.

The interface is beautiful, clean and has no advertising on it at all. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I'm a Mac Snob.

Jasun, you a mac man? wow! I only have PCs but its always nice to see when others have macs, I have been debating with myself over what I will buy for my next laptop...unfortunately all my software is PC so it would cost a bomb to go mac, but those new powerbooks are sweet esp their screens :sunny:

cheers,
    Luke