Thread: My Android App "Gay Sights" Is Now Available!

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

My Android App "Gay Sights" Is Now Available!

2 years ago, in Berlin, Germany, I started learning how to write an App for my iPhone. It put my address book of places to see in Berlin, on a live Map on my iPhone, complete with marker pins, and a pulsing blue bubble for my current location. Then I got to England, and bought an entry-level Android phone, and wrote the Android version of the App.

I set the project aside for a year and a half on return to Las Vegas, and now I have it presentable for all of you to own for your own Android smartphone or tablet!

http://www.NickBaerGallery.com/

I'm offering it through my eBook site and shopping cart, because that site is set up for digital downloads.

The Android App is available on my site. Later, the Android App will be available on Google Play and Amazon. Then, I will try to work through the tough process to get the iOS version on the App Store!

My "Gay Sights In..." Apps are localized Maps, with Gay places for you to visit. Menu driven: Country, City, Location Type, Map.

You can use the Gay Sights Android Map Apps, to help get around cities you are visiting, to Gay Bars, Lesbian Bars, Saunas, Bookshops, Pride events, Sports events, Gay Theatre and Film Festivals, on a Map on your Android smartphone or tablet. With your current location shown, and option for driving or walking directions.

There are 12 Gay Sights Map Apps, one for each of 12 world travel regions. $4.99ea. Instant download.

Currently, Gay Sights in Europe is available. Next will be Gay Sights in the UK (and Iceland and Ireland). Coming Soon: More world travel regions: Gay Sights In Africa, Gay Sights In Asia, Gay Sights In Australia and New Zealand, Gay Sights In Central America, Gay Sights In Eastern Europe and Russia, Gay Sights In Indonesia, Gay Sights In South America, Gay Sights In the Middle East, Gay Sights In the USA. Also coming soon, iOS versions for your iPhone and iPad.

Please let your friends and colleagues know! The App will undergo upgrades and feature enhancements in the future, and those upgrades will not cost additional to current App owners. Updates to locations, places, and address data tables will also be automatic in the background.

There is a Contact Us feature, for users to make suggestions for new locations to add to the Maps, as well as make any changes to a locations existence or change in clientele.

Thanks in advance for your support...

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    And the landscape version of the map. I chose Prague as the example, because 3 years ago, I visited Prague for the allowed 3 months a US Citizen can be in Prague, actually all of "Europe" (Schengen). Had I had my App then, in Prague, I maybe would have visited some of the Gay Sights in Prague! At least, I would have known about them!

GaySightsInEurope-9A.jpg

I just added Gay Sights In The United Kingdom! Android App. http://www.NickBaerGallery.com

Travel with this handy list of GLBT friendly places to visit in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, plus Ireland and Iceland, on your Android smart phone or tablet's Map.

I added Ireland and Iceland, because even though those two countries are separate Visa travel areas from the UK, they are too small to offer alone, and they are close by! In 2011 I took the Ferry to Dublin. I could have flown - maybe 45 minutes? Iceland isn't that far from either.

If you're going to XBIZ London, or European Summit in Prague, in September, these two Apps will come in very handy. As those trade show schedules are announced, I'll be adding their conference locations to these two Apps. That way, you'll have those locations, on the Map, on your Android phone or tablet.

Lots of cities in the UK! I've been to Cardiff, Wrexham, Liverpool, Holyhead, Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Northampton, Nottingham, Stoke On Trent, Derby, Reading, Bristol, London... also Dublin, which is Ireland, but I include Ireland here, because it is close by.

GaySightsIntheUnitedKingdom-3A.png GaySightsIntheUnitedKingdom-6A.jpg

What a wonderful app for the gay traveler! Congrats on finally getting it completed~

Thanks, Bec!

Last night, I added Gay Sights In Asia, Gay Sights In Indonesia (Philippines), and Gay Sights In Canada.

Today, I slowed down a bit, to fine tune the display/inclusion of GLBT Theatre stage shows, and Film Festivals in the City listings. GLBT Theatre is big in US, Canada, England, and Ireland. There are Film Festivals all over the world!

Getting the event data gathered from Facebook and Yahoo and many other webpages by local groups that promote GLBT Theatre and Film, and the algorithm to display it fine-tuned.

And Gay Sports! The Gay Games are either just happening now, or are over in the US.

Gay Sights In The US might be last, because it might be too big for one gulp!

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    Thanks, Bec!

And Gay Sports! The Gay Games are either just happening now, or are over in the US.
    Yep ... right here in Cleveland, as a matter of fact, starting August 7th. You still have time to plan out and get tickets for the 2014 Gay Games.

Despite being very busy with Banking this week, I re-did the icons for my 16 Gay Sights In... Apps!

GaySightsInAsia.jpg GaySightsInCanada.jpg GaySightsIndonesia.jpg GaySightsInEurope.jpg GaySightsIntheUnitedKingdom.jpg

I'l show the max of 5 images that I can upload at one time. The rest are at http://www.NickBaerGallery.com

My Gay Sights Map Apps are now also available on Google Play

And Amazon Android Marketplace

In addition to www.NickbaerGallery.com

If you're planning on attending the Fall Summits and Forums in Europe, my Android Gay Sights In Europe App does have gay places in Amsterdam and Prague, and Gay Sights In The United Kingdom has places in London.

2014-08-11 07.44.48.jpg 2014-08-11 07.45.43.jpg

2014-08-11 07.46.20.jpg 2014-08-11 07.46.39.jpg

And Prague... This year, the Summit is much closer to the city center.

GaySightsInEurope-12A.jpg GaySightsInEurope-14A.jpg

If you're planning to attend the London, AMS or Prague show(s) in September, the Gay Sights in UK and Gay Sights in Europe Android Apps will help you a lot.

As the shows get closer, I'll be adding the host hotels.

The Apps section is now at the bottom of the page... http://www.NickBaerGallery.com