Thread: LMAO - Content Providers Became God When?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

LMAO - Content Providers Became God When?

So ive just been talking to this content provider on ICQ about doing some shoots for us.

All was going well until he told me how much he wanted per shoot.

When i asked why he wanted so much when i could the same quality for thousands less from any number of other providers / photographers he told me i was paying 'for his name' LOL

Im sorry but nobody on the site is going to know your name so im not going to pay for it LOL

Good try though :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

thetwink
    hehehe

graphicsbytia

Re: LMAO - Content Providers Became God When?

Originally posted by Lee
    So ive just been talking to this content provider on ICQ about doing some shoots for us.

When i asked why he wanted so much when i could the same quality for thousands less from any number of other providers / photographers he told me i was paying 'for his name' LOL

Im sorry but nobody on the site is going to know your name so im not going to pay for it LOL

Regards,

Lee
    I gotta admit that is kind of funny since his name wouldn't even be shown anywhere

AusCoding Allan

Re: LMAO - Content Providers Became God When?

Originally posted by Lee

Regards,

Lee
    Don have you been playing with Lee again ?????

Jasun
    You know, everyone will crash and burn once they start to believe their own hype. WE all know the names of content providers, but if they think the end users give two shits, they're quite mistaken.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Jasun
    You know, everyone will crash and burn once they start to believe their own hype.
    You know i tend to agree with you there only because Gary and I have seen it happen so many times in the last few years.

Someone gets handed a 'name' for themselves and they start to hype that name, be it content provider, hosting company, board moderator whatever, usually within 3-6 months you can start noticing the change in that person as they finally do become aware that they 'have a name' and start abusing it, only to ind out that what they think they know amounts to nothing more than a pile of dung.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Your so right... Few people tell them they are good and they are some how a God. Like some of these other companies. You'd swear Jesus himself was there shoting pics and making ads. The way they think of themselves.

Like some of these magaziens out there for the gay people. Yea, you might send out 40,000 copies of your magazine, and i'm sure a lot are read. Well, a lot are picked up. I know I pick them up. Then I sit them on my desk, forget it's there for 1-2 months, and it goes in the trash. (Notice I never read the thing.)

And because they gave out that many copies, it means to charge $2000.00 for a half page black and white ad.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jasun
    You know, everyone will crash and burn once they start to believe their own hype.
    One of my catch phrases is 'Don't believe you're own marketing!'. I have seen sooooooooooo many people fall into that trap. And, then they do not understand what went wrong when they get knocked on their asses.

:wtf:

GA

Ounique

Re: Re: LMAO - Content Providers Became God When?

Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    Don have you been playing with Lee again ?????
    Hee hee. You know I would never do that.

But that did remind me of a funny story. As a lot of you know I'm President of the LA boys of Leather this year. Well, I was out and about one night when my friend called me from this local leather bar and said I should stop by because they were having an anniversary party. So I went, not realizing that it was an invitation only event. The doorman asked me if I was on the list, and I said, "Well, I guess I should be", figuring that all the major clubs in town would have been invited. Well, I wasn't on the list, and I really didn't care since I wasn't really planning on going in the first place. But I almost started laughing because this little tiny voice inside my head started screaming "Do you know who I am????" LOL!!! I mean, I would never in a million years say something like that, and never in another million years would I believe it, but the idea of it just seemed really funny, to totally throw a star fit in the doorway of a leather bar, you know, like those D-list celebrities at the swanky Hollywood hot spots? LOL! I just wanted to share that with you. Okay, back on topic.

don - i had to smile, imagining you at that door demanding of the doorman "Do you know who I AM????"

btw, is the mike gone forever? i always think of you as don mike.

Sheepish

Re: Re: Re: LMAO - Content Providers Became God When?

Originally posted by Ounique
    "Do you know who I am????"
    Urm. No. Are you my window cleaner?