Thread: Why did I agree to this?

Big Grin Why did I agree to this?

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick hello to get acquainted with everyone. I created All-AmericanHeroes.com way back when and even though made a lot of money, wore myself out. I swore I would never do this again.

So 10 years later, my BF asked me to start a nudist male site (just for fun of course) and now I can't stop tinkering and helping it grow. Arrggghhh...

Anyways, just reading through the forums and seeing if I remember anything or anyone as I try to get back in the swing.

Jon

Oops. The new site is MydanglyParts.net

Welcome back Jon, and best of luck with the new site

Your site looks like a lot of fun. How did you build it. I was working on a social site for uncut guys and I was using Buddypress.
    I like what you have. It looks playful and inviting!

Robert Chandler
    Fantastic Foreskin
    Affiliate site: Fantasticforeskin.com/affiliates
    Twitter: @FanForeskin | Facebook: FantasticRobertChandler

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    I too am curious about which software you are using. I've been using Oxwall as my software for a general social site for gay and bi-sexual men. Man, it's got it's bugs, no matter what type of themes I use. so yeah, like Robert, I too am curious what you are using and how difficult it was to set up.

Thanks man!
    Doug

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Just signed up to your site, filled out my profile and everything and clicked "next" and got a big 404-page not found!
    ??

What site were you getting the error message on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    Just signed up to your site, filled out my profile and everything and clicked "next" and got a big 404-page not found!
    ??

Robert Chandler
    Fantastic Foreskin
    Affiliate site: Fantasticforeskin.com/affiliates
    Twitter: @FanForeskin | Facebook: FantasticRobertChandler

Hi

Sorry for not responding sooner. The site had a outage due to some hardware issues at the host that they resolved. I haven't heard of any 404 pages and am getting regular signups. If you two want to try it again, I will give you free memberships so you can check it out. PM me your use name if you sign up and I will take care of it.

I first did the site two years ago in Joomla using a template which required many plugins to accomplish what I wanted that were not fully functional and always had conflicts so I dropped that. I wasted a lot of time and money on that. Then I decided to try Wordpress as there were more dating templates and the plugins were better formed but buddy press is a super drag on load times. I went ahead and launched it but from the start I had tons of complaints due to the load time (8+ seconds per page). I was on a shared hosting with hostgator but it put a huge load on the server so I signed up with an adult host and promptly crashed the site as it required 8 gigs of Ram just to load and was no faster but was paying $150 per month for a dedicated server.

Last year I had bought emeeting dating software. Its an old php dating software package that looks old and doesnt have much in the way of options, looks or extras. The one thing it does have it the ability to handle seemingly an unlimited number of customers with no change in load times. It runs approximately 2 seconds on a page speed test and has no obvious slowdowns. I loaded that on my .net version of the site, moved everyone over as best I could and haven't had many issues since. The only down side so far is that if you have an issue, support is pretty lame. They recently were bought by someone else and there hasn't been any software updates in over 18 months and the mobile version is crappy and missing important functionality (the ability to upload via mobile, etc).

I looked into Skadate and all the other packages and they didn't seem to be any better but will say that emeeting is getting the job done. I would like to have the look updated and several options that are standard on any dating site (coupons, better chat, activity wall) but for now everyone is happy and signups are pretty consistent.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions

Jon

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. ClickCastX's Avatar
    Hi Jon,

If you are looking for a new software to put you back in the saddle with the upper hand that is easy to use and cutting edge, ClickCastX is what you are looking for.
    ClickCastX- The Game Changer Version 3.0 is here!
    ClickCastx all you need in a Content Management System and VOD software in one. Mange your content like never before. Customize your content. Customize without programming. Choose your billing method and select from a host of FREE add-ons. Come see what the other CMS programs can?t offer. Check out our demo at www.Clickcastx.com/demo. We can do it all and then MORE. ClickCastX is easy to set up and use! No complex server requirements! For one low price you receive all the software and we set it up for you for FREE! Questions? contact us at www.ClickCastx.com

Good Luck on your new venture! Let us know if we can assist you along the way.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    http://www.clickcastx.com/demo/ is a blank page (Chrome).

As is each of the menu items, except HOME.

As is the image in your signature http://adultdigitalsolutions.com/ban...-183x61_01.gif