Thread: Hidden Messages In Songs?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Hidden Messages In Songs?

Anyone ever actually listened to some of the lyrics in songs?

Just listening to a compilation CD now and the first song is Bohemian Rhapsody from Queen.

The first few lines in that song have some hidden meanings in them IMHO.

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    I was just talking about "Turbo" by Judas Priest with Scorpio... that album is chalk full of semi-veiled shout-outs to gay Metal heads everywhere.

It starts with a Disco song about two guys sharing a really fast fuck(I'm Your Turbo Lover), it's got songs about fucking a guy who makes a lot of noise (Hot For Love) and the only Gay Metal Power Ballad I can think of (Out In The Cold).

The funniest thing is that most metal heads totally missed it.. it was only the gay fans that got the joke..

Not sure if that's what you mean...

Ounique

Re: Hidden Messages In Songs?

Originally posted by Lee
    Anyone ever actually listened to some of the lyrics in songs?

Just listening to a compilation CD now and the first song is Bohemian Rhapsody from Queen.

The first few lines in that song have some hidden meanings in them IMHO.

Regards,

Lee
    What were the first few lines of Bohemian Rhapsody?

Oh, and have you ever actually listened to the lyrics to Crash by Dave Matthews? Not really gay subtext, but I tell ya, if Marylin Manson had done the song it would have never gotten air play. Things like "Crash into me baby and I come into you" and "Tied up and twisted, the way I like to be, for you, for me". Man, it's quite the erotic song.

Ounique
    Not to mention Cyndi Lauper's ode to masturbation "She Bop". How many people guessed that one? And it's obvious now that she had gay friends, how many straight women knew about Blue Boy magazine? The video is great when she gets has a dream sequence of "Uncle Siggy's Masterbingo". I never noticed that until recently and I almost pissed my pants laughing.