Thread: Google suxs for me

FoZzI

Google suxs for me

Dont know if you have had a tread like this. But Fucking hell.
    When I started out with GayVideoTgp last year one of the goals was to be #1 on google and yahoo with the term "gay video". And in yahoo is it. But with Google its not even in the top 100.
    And check out my SE stats for shemalemoviesex.com for the 24 hours
    Google: 6
    Yahoo : 122

Whats going on? For me it seems the google has really start to suck. Or maybe they have banned my domain or something. When I started out afew years back. All people was talking about was Google, but now its seems I have to relay on Yahoo for my SE traffic.
    But isnt Yahoo´s traffic as good as Google´s? I wounder

Dzinerbear
    Hey there,

First of all, you are indexed in Google, so you haven't been banned. Go to Google and enter this allinurl:www.shemalemoviesex.com

I've also looked at you site, and by it's very natural of being a TGP, all it is is a page of links.

Yes, Google likes links, but Google also likes content: words, lists, sentences, paragraphs. And the pages that you're linking to don't contain much text either because they're TGP galleries.

So, if you want to get anywhere in search engines, you're going to need to write some content. Write some video reviews of transsexual movies. Put up a picture of a girl and write a couple of paragraphs as to why she's the hottest she-male. You could have a glossary of transsexual terms running down the size of your page.

As it stands now, to a robot, your page looks like nothing more than a link farm.

And btw, if you want a good ranking for "gay video," that's what most of your written content is going to be about. You don't even mention the word once in your page's written content, nor in the title.

You are number 16 for "shemale movie" and 19,000 people were looking for that term last month in search engines. So, if you boost your rankings to page one, you should see more visitors.

If you want to learn more about SEO, you might want to check out: High Rankings

Good luck
    Dzinerbear

google does seem to like paragraphs and sentences. i have some galleries and avs sites listed in the top 5 in a bunch of categories, to my great amazement.

FoZzI
    Just read that a googledance is on its way

Dzinerbear
    Be careful of rumours. GoogleDance refers to the old model of once-monthly updates. Things haven't been that way for almost a year now.

And a word of warning, back in November I listened to the rumour-makers on the boards and I fucked myself out of a lot of traffic. And six months later, I was totally reconstructing two sites.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

FoZzI
    True mate. Im reading the stuff on the link you gave. Hopefully Im not screwing my site up. But it could happend

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I gotta re-iterate what Michael said about listening to the advice about SEO you are given on the boards.

For the most part, 99% of the information given by 'board seos' is 100% worthless and not based on fact but merely opinion.

That being said however, i do know we have a lot of knowledgable individuals in our community that get some great SE traffic.

Also, back to the topic at hand, i have also noticed that Google seems to be dropping with the amount of traffic it is sending in for top ranked sites and, Yahoo seems to be increasing the traffic it is sending, not only to top ranked sites but also to sites that are ranking in the 4th or 5th results page.

IMHO Yahoo is going to be THE engine of the future as it stands now at least

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    Well my experience is the complete opposite. Google continues to be by far the leader in bringing in traffic. Counting both Google, and Google Images -- it is a 6 to 1 ratio.

That's not counting the referring stats from google.de or the myriad of other countries

Steve

PS: The secret to getting high ranks in Google is to write write write.

Dzinerbear
    desslock,

My stats are similar to yours. Yahoo is building all the time, but I still get tons of visitors from Google.

dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    The google/yahoo difference on my sites is amazing. I'm getting more hits from 4th or 5th page yahoo listings than I'm getting for google 1st page listings. Unfortunately, yahoo has yet to index 90% of my sites.

But the funny thing is, yahoo seems to lose my sites completely. When I follow a yahoo link from my referers... my site is nowhere to be found. It seems that yahoo is doing updates several times a day!

BDBionic
    It's definitely still all about Google for me.

I have about 25-30 terms I know of that are top 3 on both Yahoo and Google for one of my sites, for example, and Google sends 6-8 times as much traffic as the Yahoo listings.

Some other terms that are top 3 on Google are off in the distance on Yahoo, and other ones that are top 3 on Yahoo are off in the distance on Google. But the Google ones still bring in significantly more traffic.