Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you list this? (TGP folks)

Tala

I Wonder? Would you list this? (TGP folks)

Okay, because I have no idea where else to put this, I'm a put it here and hope Lee doesn't slap me with a wet trout.

My first all-by-myself-design

Would it work?? :kitten:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Nice and simple, no reason it shouldnt get listed imho

Regards,

Lee

Tala
    Whoohoo! Thanks Lee!

Xstr8guy
    AACCKKKK! Don't submit that! You will get banned for having your images open up in a new window! Get rid of TARGET="_blank". You may also want to reduce the quality of your thumbs a bit... 13,000kb is probably too big... slows down the page.

Also, why are using sliced images for your thumbnail? It makes the page load really slow even on DSL. Is it for the borders? You can easily recreate that effect with html and/or a thumbnail program.

Otherwise the gallery looks nice.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Damn i never even noticed that LOL

All i did was mouseover the thumbs to see where they linked to

Xstr8guy is right Tala, the images shouldnt open in a new window.

Regards,

Lee

Tala
    ACK! Thanks all! Will fix that now.

Xstr8guy: I'm REALLY new at this. I have no idea what you mean.

Xstr8guy
    What program(s) did you use to create the gallery? What don't you understand about my post? I may be able to help, although I'm not a tgp master.

Don't feel bad, Tala... I'm sure I got banned by some tgp's when I made my first attemps. I wish I knew of GWW when I first started, I could have sved myself some heartbreak.

Tala
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    What program(s) did you use to create the gallery? I may be able to help, although I'm not a tgp master.

Don't feel bad, Tala... I'm sure I got banned by some tgp's when I made my first attemps. I wish I knew of GWW when I first started, I could have sved myself some heartbreak.
    Okay, target=blank fixed.

I used Photoshop and Image Ready to create it. Any help is thoroughly appreciated.

Jasun
    Much better.

I see there's a couple missing full-size jpgs, but aside from that, yea I'd list it if i had a niche for it.

Tala
    Originally posted by Jasun
    Much better.

I see there's a couple missing full-size jpgs, but aside from that, yea I'd list it if i had a niche for it.
    ACK! *goes to find which ones are not there*

Tala
    *pant pant*

Okay, fixed. Whew.

Xstr8guy
    Your gallery should be fine for submission. Typically, you would not want to use image ready for the whole page, just use image ready for large detailed graphic "splashes". Normally you would create thumbnails and just place them in a table. Arles makes a great program for thumbnail/gallery creation. The learning curve can be a little steep at first... but if you can figure Photoshop and ImageReady out, you shouldn't have any problems.

Tala
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    Your gallery should be fine for submission. Typically, you would not want to use image ready for the whole page, just use image ready for large detailed graphic "splashes". Normally you would create thumbnails and just place them in a table. Arles makes a great program for thumbnail/gallery creation. The learning curve can be a little steep at first... but if you can figure Photoshop and ImageReady out, you shouldn't have any problems.
    I hate programs like that. The galleries generally turn out to be hideous.

I'll see what I can figure out. Thanks everyone! *HUGS*

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Jasun
    Much better.

I noticed that at first, too. But when I went back to check, they were linked... and this was before Jasun pointed that out to you. I thought it was a problem with your host. Who is hosting your site? Make sure they are up-to-snuff for tgp before you submit.

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Tala
    I hate programs like that. The galleries generally turn out to be hideous.

I'll see what I can figure out. Thanks everyone! *HUGS*
    Arles is quite flexible... I would never use it to create a whole page/site (although you could), but it is wonderful for creating the thumbs and images. Once it's set-up, you are able to resize thumbs/images, set image compression, apply image borders, set hyperlinks automatically, etc. And if you don't like the results... just change a couple settings and try it again until you get something perfect. It's a huge time and labor saver... and super simple once you know the drill.