Thread: What do you remember most about internext / tradeshows??

Tala

I Wonder? What do you remember most about internext / tradeshows??

This came from another board, but I think it bears asking here. What do you remember about trade shows? Do you come away with good feelings and great memories or is is sort of a disappointment? How do you best network and who do you remember and why?

I'll answer later.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    My first time was the most fun for me! It was all new, and it was very fast paced with all the parties, people, and events. I lost my voice from talking to so many people. I was with ChiChi at the time, and we had a booth.

The person that I still remember to this day was Robert Turgeon from ManCheck. (I'm not sure if he's still there. I haven't talked to him in months.) It was his first show also, and he was very cool to hang out with. At the end of the show, they where throwing around all these foam breasts. (Some giveaway a company was using) I think I got hit in the head with about 6 of them.

The only bad part was by the time everything was over each day, half the people you had met and talked to where very drunk and didn't remember half of what you said. (So you have to repeat yourself to some of them)
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    As it happens i tend to remember very little about the actual tradeshows and more about who i got drunk with on certain nights

Its only the days after the show when things start coming back to me and i start getting the real deals signed hehe.

Actually the one show thing i do remember is this past Phoenix forum and the thing that stands out was Raineys new lover.. Patricks dog that kept humping her leg all night long

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I don't drink or party so I remember just about everything from them.

I have a face to go with every business card I get and the details of every conversation I have.

Mainly what stands out from all of them is being able to put faces and stories with people I've talked to on the boards leading up to the conventions. That's what I like about them most. Being able to spend time with and get to know in person the people I've been chatting it up with on the boards for however long before the shows.

Maybe not as much blatant, overt and direct business gets done at the parties, but the seeds for future business definitely do get planted at them.

It's great being able to head to conventions looking forward to meeting up with business contacts and being able to leave conventions with not only more firm and solid business contacts, but also newfound friends.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I, vividly, remember my first trade show; it was a Cybernet show in NJ 1996. I didn’t know what to expect. The people I hung out with and learned the business from were all cool, regular people but I would here them talking about this person or that. I didn’t know what to expect when I met them. As it turned out, it was the most regular trade show I had gone to in years. I went home got ready and went back for the parties, which were fucking great! That made the difference – the parties.

Going against what I expected… The business was real, the people were real and information flowed.

Now after so many shows and several incarnations as a sole webmaster, an employee and a business owner… It all tends to blur for me. The most recent show, that I did more business, made better than typical contacts and saw more new faces was the Phoenix Forum.

After so many years, most of the work and contacts we do have are made in between shows. Today it’s become put the face to the name, meet people and see who’s new to the industry. Which is one of the only reasons I like to go to these shows, now.

Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

Chris Alan
    I only have three words to explain my first experience...

Chris, Lee, Midget

I'll leave it to your imaginations.:devil:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Chris Alan
    I only have three words to explain my first experience...

Chris, Lee, Midget

I'll leave it to your imaginations.:devil:
    LOL and that was only your first show LMAO

Regards,

Lee

Chris Alan
    They get even better each year

CA