Thread: Dreamweaver help... anyone? anyone?

Dawgy

Dreamweaver help... anyone? anyone?

ok so im on the mac, using dreamweaver, even tho i love homesite & have used it for years...

fucking dreamweaver...

how do i get it to put all the attributes of a tag into the html when i drag an image into place. it just puts the image file name. doesnt put width, height, border=0 or anything... i have to manually do it...

im really hating this program. its TOO complicated and has TOO many features. homesite was a great text editor, i dunno why they had to fuck it up with all this mess.

Trying using the insert image on the tool bar instead of drag and drop.

RedShoe
    Originally posted by Bec
    Trying using the insert image on the tool bar instead of drag and drop.
    Ditto.

Or, just don't use dreamweaver.

Dawgy
    ok i tried insert image & it does the same thing

*whines*

Which version of Dreamweaver are you using?

Jasun
    It does that for me... I mean.. it does for me what you want it to do... adds the attribtues to images and such.

You may have to go into your prefrences, and see if you have something turned off.

But in the meantime, try hitting the "Resize Image" button after selecting it... that might add them automatically.

If you still can't get it to work... I may have some other ideas..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    From what i recall its a preferences thing.

I havent used DW in years though so cant ell you exactly where to find it but there is definately an option to add additional info to images as well as meta tags etc etc just like there are in Frontpage.

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Use edit > tag libraries... this is what DW help says (below)
    ====================

You can use the Tag Library Editor to set properties for a tag library and edit tags and attributes in a library—whether it be their attributes and values, or their format (for easy identification in the code).

To set properties for a tag library:
    In the Tag Library Editor (Edit > Tag Libraries), select a tag library in the Tags pop-up menu.
    In the Used In box, select every document type that should use the tag library.
    The tags in the tag library are only available in the types of documents that you select here.

If the tags in the tag library need a prefix, then enter the prefix in the Tag Prefix text box.
    If you are finished making changes in the Tag Library Editor, click OK.
    To edit a tag in a tag library:
    In the Tag Library Editor (Edit > Tag Libraries), open a tag library in the Tags pop-up menu and select a tag.
    Set any of the following Tag Format options:
    Line Breaks specifies where Dreamweaver inserts line breaks for a tag.
    Contents specifies how Dreamweaver inserts the contents of a tag; that is, if it applies line break and formatting rules to the content.
    Case specifies the case for a specific tag. Choose from Default, Lowercase, Uppercase, or Mixed Case. If you choose Mixed Case, the Tag Name Mixed Case dialog box appears. Enter how Dreamweaver should insert the tag (for example, getProperty) and click OK.
    Set Default sets the default case for all tags. In the Default Tag Case dialog box that appears, choose <UPPERCASE> or <lowercase>, and click OK.
    Tip: You might want to set your default case to be lowercase to comply with XML and XHTML standards.

To edit an attribute for a tag:
    In the Tag Library Editor (Edit > Tag Libraries), open a tag library in the Tags pop-up menu, open a tag, and select a tag attribute.
    In the Attribute Case pop-up menu, choose Default, Lowercase, Uppercase, or Mixed Case.
    If you choose Mixed Case, in the Attribute Name Mixed Case dialog box, enter how Dreamweaver should insert the attribute (for example, onClick). Click OK.

Click the Set Default link to set the default case for all attributes.

In the Attribute Type pop-up menu, select the type of attribute.
    If you choose Enumerated, enter every allowed value for the attribute in the Values text box. Separate each value by a comma and no space. For example, for the type attribute of the cfgraph tag, enter bar,horizontalBar,line,pie.

hth
    Ian
    Last edited by gaystoryman; 07-24-2004 at 03:44 AM.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Dawgy
    hmm. i fucked around with the tag editor & didnt get anywhere. i couldnt figure out what it was telling me to do... and the help said that there were all these popups, but i got no popups...

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well I found this way by using CSS.. if you use a stylesheet simply set the attributes to the IMG tag in your style sheet for 'border' = 0 ... tested it with mine and it worked, the image automatically is loaded with zero border width...

also in another part of DW help is suggests using CSS to set the attributes.

so i guess that's the answer

hth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online